How much to wire a brick shed/garage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Buy a long extension lead.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
On a serious note just wire it your self.

No surveyor is every going to actually ask you to produce your Part P certificate.

No homebuyer is ever not going to buy your house because it doesn't have a part P certificate.

And honestly, having seen the work some professional sparkys turn out better the devil you know.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Or one with a twin socket
For the love of God @Crackle, block your ears to these evil thoughts....
heretics2-582x1024.jpg

MikeG

Guru
On a serious note just wire it your self.

No surveyor is every going to actually ask you to produce your Part P certificate.

No homebuyer is ever not going to buy your house because it doesn't have a part P certificate.

And honestly, having seen the work some professional sparkys turn out better the devil you know.

This isn't true. Lenders may well not lend on a house which doesn't have Building Regs for all (applicable) works, and insurance companies may not insure. Further, it is an offense to lie on a application forms, seller's enquiry forms, and so on. This could make the house difficult to sell. Do it properly.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
This isn't true. Lenders may well not lend on a house which doesn't have Building Regs for all (applicable) works, and insurance companies may not insure. Further, it is an offense to lie on a application forms, seller's enquiry forms, and so on. This could make the house difficult to sell. Do it properly.
Our house had terrible electrics, I assume DIY, including a live metal light fitting and standard 13A cable used to connect the summer house rather than armoured cable. No one, surveyor/mortgage company/insurer have cared in the least.

screenman

Legendary Member
Our house had terrible electrics, I assume DIY, including a live metal light fitting and standard 13A cable used to connect the summer house rather than armoured cable. No one, surveyor/mortgage company/insurer have cared in the least.

Then I would certainly question the surveyor.

Top Bottom