How often do you check your tires for debris?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

Sounds like the rear wheel has been locked up, best not to do that if you value your tires. :thumbsup:

Skidding is fun :blush:

Blurb

Über Member
Well I only brush the tyres clean every now and then. Read this thread, went and found some stuff stuck in the rear tyre, tried to dig it out and not sure if I got it or pushed it in! Deflated and reflated the tyre whilst fiddling with it, so now making sure spare tube\pump\patches are ready just in case. Whoever coined the phrase ignorance is bliss may have been on to something!!

Hip Priest

Veteran
Well I only brush the tyres clean every now and then. Read this thread, went and found some stuff stuck in the rear tyre, tried to dig it out and not sure if I got it or pushed it in! Deflated and reflated the tyre whilst fiddling with it, so now making sure spare tube\pump\patches are ready just in case. Whoever coined the phrase ignorance is bliss may have been on to something!!

Indeed.

All the bits of stone and glass in my tyres have formed a puncture-proof barrier.

D

Deleted member 20519

Didn't realise that this was common practise, will start doing it when I get my new tyres. While I'm on the subject of new tyres, does anyone have any recommendations of a nice, fairly inexpensive, pair? 700x23c please.

inkd

As with a few others, once a week whilst cleaning and relubing.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Absolutely never. I just trust that the accumulation of crap will reach saturation point and achieve some sort of equilibrium. I take the view that by removing a benign, rounded piece of rock or glass I am just making a space for a more problematic piece to embed itself.

Top Bottom