• 55 - 65

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 65 - 75

• 75 - 85

• 85 - 95

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a woman and I take the right not to say even tho you can not tell who has ticked what!

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
ColinJ said:
So there I was in my English class, aged 15. In walks the teacher and he gets each boy to pinch the skin on the back of his right hand, then to release it and watch what happened.

"You will observe that your skin snapped back into place immediately, now watch what happens to mine..."

He was incredibly old, like about 50 years of age ;)! His skin just kinda slowly flopped flat again after he let go of it.

"I am 45 years old. You probably think that I am older than that, and that I am an old man, but no, I am merely middle-aged. You will have seen that my skin is no longer as young and elastic as yours. I can't believe that I am already this age, for one day I was in a classroom like this thinking how old my teacher looked. You will wake up one day, notice how old your skin has become and will remember my words. Middle-age will be upon you. The time passes quickly boys - make the most of it!"

"Now - Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet..."

A couple of years ago, I noticed how much older I was looking and realised that the old guy had been right. I'd blinked, and 35 years had passed in an instant...

Yes, make the most of your time - you'll be an old git too before you know it! ;)

Yes, my younger staff reckon I am an old git. It pisses me off that I have become what I used to take the piss out of. Oh well, the callowness of youth and the arrogance of age.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Soltydog said:
Another 39 here, but not for very long at all :sad:

AHHHHHHH 24 hours left then join the big 40 club and sharing your birthday with a major bank holiday (and religous holiday) and being 40 thats 40:biggrin:

perhaps we could form a sub 'Cycle-Chat ER Chapter > 40 club' & comedy pilot (tries sneakily to find out the ages of others, as i appear the oldest!)

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
40 for 3 more months yet.

Mind you, on the work night out last week one of my workmates refused to believe I was 40, he thought I was about 34 and lying to wind him up. :biggrin:

HelenD123

Legendary Member
craigwend said:
perhaps we could form a sub 'Cycle-Chat ER Chapter > 40 club' & comedy pilot (tries sneakily to find out the ages of others, as i appear the oldest!)

You'll have to wait many years for me to join. I might be a decent cyclist by then.:biggrin:

ChrisKH

Guru
gavintc said:
Yes, my younger staff reckon I am an old git. It pisses me off that I have become what I used to take the piss out of. Oh well, the callowness of youth and the arrogance of age.

Or as I often say, "Youth is wasted on the young, and money is wasted on the old."

Soltydog

Legendary Member
craigwend said:
AHHHHHHH 24 hours left then join the big 40 club and sharing your birthday with a major bank holiday (and religous holiday) and being 40 thats 40:thumbsup:

& here's me thinking it might just pass by quietly :tongue:

I recall a similar thread on the old Cycling Plus site, when we also had to own up to our height, weight and number of bikes owned, and IIRC the averages I rather sadly worked out were:

Avge age: 41
Avge Height 5' 11"
Avge Weight 12 stone
Avge No of bikes 2.25

2.25 bikes?

Pedaldog

Fatter than thou!
How Chuffster! Working on the tabs with outside help at the moment. Done a fortnight of a sdrastic cut down, 45 to 10 a day, and have been on 9 a day since Sunday. Next Sunday it goes to 8 a day and so on. I WILL WIN!!!!

Top Bottom