How pristine is your bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milo

Guru
Have you actually been diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder then?
I would never have enough time for all that lot. My bike has yet to explode.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Have you actually been diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder then?
I would never have enough time for all that lot. My bike has yet to explode.

I have never been diagnosed with it but have been told I exhibit symptoms. I washed one of my bikes yesterday which I have not ridden for a while it was spotless before I started, perhaps a little dusty at most. Makes no sense what so ever, but the desire to clean it was unbearable... Although I could just be nuts.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I have never been diagnosed with it but have been told I exhibit symptoms. I washed one of my bikes yesterday which I have not ridden for a while it was spotless before I started, perhaps a little dusty at most. Makes no sense what so ever, but the desire to clean it was unbearable... Although I could just be nuts.

Mrs Ian once said "Why are you polishing the polish?"

Milo

Guru
sounds like ocd to me. To some extent we all have it though just in differing ways.

Milo

Guru
I suspect my bike would make you cry. Feel free to come over if you have run out of bikes to clean though mine could do with a good going over. I clean the rims when bout every 2 weeks of when they look nasty. Chain gets done after every significantly wet ride if not everys 2 to 3 weeks. Clean the pads a bit after every wet ride. hose down any major mud give it a dry and i'm happy after anything muddy. I do like to keep the drive train clean but not so fussed about the rest. No point shining up an ugly in need of paint job bike.

migrantwing

Veteran
Rinse with warm water with two cap full of polish added to the water, when this drys the polish is deposited on the components.

What polish do you use Mr H?

Bodhbh

Guru
I try to look after the drive train, otherwise happy to let them get filthy. I do think there's something to the theory that cleaning is good cos that's when you spot incoming mechanicals tho. Just not enough to bother doing it :laugh:

Top Bottom