How Scottish are you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

So does sculpted dog poo but I would rather not eat it (and it would be a toss up between square sausage and dog poo!!). It doesn't help that I would often help the local butcher make the sausages.

I only eat seafood and poultry now but not so long ago I would have square sausage and white n black pudding and the thought of it now does make me feel a tad sick but I have to admit I have not tried the dog poo , so will just take your word on how bad that tastes :whistle:

Booyaa

Veteran
I only eat seafood and poultry now but not so long ago I would have square sausage and white n black pudding and the thought of it now does make me feel a tad sick but I have to admit I have not tried the dog poo , so will just take your word on how bad that tastes :whistle:
You middle classes don't know what you are missing...

The black pudding is fine, square sausage is total boak though.

U

User6179

You middle classes don't know what you are missing...

Middle class? :laugh:, Might have a relapse one day and have some fried black pudding and a runny egg to dip it in :smile:

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
75% scottish?! not sure how i got that, i suppose my last name is a scottish name but that shouldn't account for 75% heh.
i've never even seen a haggis in the wild.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

Square sausage can be very good if you can find a decent butcher. (Or you know, as I do, a farmer who makes her own.)
And there's only one black pudding: Stornoway. Everything else is vile.

GC

Square sausage can be very good if you can find a decent butcher. (Or you know, as I do, a farmer who makes her own.)
And there's only one black pudding: Stornoway. Everything else is vile.

GC

Never had a Sornoway pudding but I'd agree with you about the rest xx(

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Never had a Sornoway pudding but I'd agree with you about the rest xx(

It's nothing like any of the black puddings I grew up eating, it's beautifully creamy and flavoursome. The Stornoway stuff is king and now has Protected Geographical Status, that's how good it is.

GC

RedRider

Pulling through
Problem is Scotland and the north have too many cultures to test in this way. Eg How many northerners outside Ilkley really know the peril of going out hatless? How many weegies GAF about tourists in Edinburgh?

The south (east of England) on the other hand has no culture at all 'cept Eastenders, jellied eels and dog-fighting. All the good stuff's borrowed from the rest of the world.

:tongue:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
100% welsh, 61% scottish, 83% northern, 0% essex

in reality, 50% welsh, 0% scottish (although the rest of the household are at least 50%) and the 83% northern is probably about right (born dawn saath and lived in australia as a lad), and 0% essex is spot on…

Top Bottom