How selfish can one household be

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steven1988

Veteran
Just to put into context, I live on a road of terrace houses on both sides, where the road is only wide enough to park cars down one side of the road. A neighbour has 4 cars on the street for him, his other half and 2 adult kids.

Imagine my surprise when I come home today to them moving some of their friends in with their 2 kids and another 4 cars. Surely 8 cars in one four bedroom terrace house is taking the you know what.

So joy of joys my journey home included a walk from 2 streets away because i can no longer park outside. Grrrrr.

I'm in a bad parking situation and I sympathise but ....

I would hesitate calling 4 adults living in a terrace house finding room for another family with kids to share with them selfish. That sounds the opposite of selfish.

vickster

Legendary Member
Contact your council about bringing in permit parking. I'm guessing all your other neighbours will support the application

A reason why I'd never live somewhere without OSP

OP
OP
steven1988

steven1988

Veteran
I'm in a bad parking situation and I sympathise but ....

I would hesitate calling 4 adults living in a terrace house finding room for another family with kids to share with them selfish. That sounds the opposite of selfish.

The family who are moving in put their house up for sale as they are emigrating, apparently there has been issues with where they are moving too but it should all be sorted in 6 to 12 months.

Drago

Legendary Member
Should be like Japan where you can't buy a car unless you have a certificate from the police to prove you have somewhere off the road to keep it. No certificate, no permit to buy, although in some cities they will let you buy the tiny Kei cars without one.

I think its selfish for any household to inflict their parked car on the rest of society while its not being used at night.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I live in west London and have to pay £120 a year for a residents parking permit. It's not uncommon for the nearest available parking space to be 150 yards away. Nobody has a personal right to park on the piece of public highway directly outside their house round here. I think that applies to the rest of the country too.

OP
OP
steven1988

steven1988

Veteran
I live in west London and have to pay £120 a year for a residents parking permit. It's not uncommon for the nearest available parking space to be 150 yards away. Nobody has a personal right to park on the piece of public highway directly outside their house round here. I think that applies to the rest of the country too.

I'm not asking to park outside my house the same street, or even the next street on would be nice though

OP
OP
steven1988

steven1988

Veteran
But when you park in the next street aren't you depriving one of their residents of somewhere to park?

I appreciate you feel aggrieved at your neighbours, but you seem oblivious to the fact that you're inflicting the same on someone somewhere else.

I park in the car park of the local pub, with the say so from the land Lord.

Top Bottom