How selfish can one household be

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Contact your council about bringing in permit parking. I'm guessing all your other neighbours will support the application

A reason why I'd never live somewhere without OSP
By day my street is filled with Commuters, by night packed with cars. Never get park. I have got used to it. Most properties have 2+ cars. The one thing that does irritate me is the reserve parking, parking in a way to reserve a place for when Partner or kid comes home. Oh other irritation, parking on corners and occasional overnight double parking so effectively three cars outside one house. Its a typical small street just about get than through wouldn't get a Fire engine most nights.

I also think I have the most Disabled people per capita in my street 5 Disabled spots. Not saying they are not but still never seen that many down one small street

I noticed on BBC Breakfast recently they had a road legal motorised sofa. That got me thinking about a recent article I read where LCC were highlighting the difficulties in getting Chelsea council to allow on street cycle sheds, as the official line is not to allow them as apparently they would clutter up the street, even though the street was full of parked cars.

Clearly there are some inventive types who convert old bangers into daft shapes. It would be a right laugh instead of making one into a sofa, to use a bike shed instead. And then park it somewhere full of old bikes, and see what the council say.

Any idea how much it would cost?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
It is frustrating and I know because I used to live in an on street parking only area, also it was in town so very handy for people who live and shop in town who want to take advantage of free parking rather than the car parks.

Unfortunately you won't get much sympathy round here as there's a lot of folk who are quite happy to take a contrary view to anything, even if you consider it to be reasonable, especially if it involves a car.

NickNick

how about what this chap did because someone parked in front of his house..

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/man-fed-up-people-parking-13663392

Two of our neighbours were involved in a long running argument over on street parking (despite having driveways they rarely parked their cars on). On a number of occasions it descended into fisty cuffs, which you don't expect from two pensioners. In the end the one neighbour paid the cancel to drop the whole curb in front of his property (despite 80%of it being in front of a wall) thus rendering it illegal for the neighbour to park in front of his house. It did at least stop the fights!

classic33

Leg End Member
I noticed on BBC Breakfast recently they had a road legal motorised sofa. That got me thinking about a recent article I read where LCC were highlighting the difficulties in getting Chelsea council to allow on street cycle sheds, as the official line is not to allow them as apparently they would clutter up the street, even though the street was full of parked cars.

Clearly there are some inventive types who convert old bangers into daft shapes. It would be a right laugh instead of making one into a sofa, to use a bike shed instead. And then park it somewhere full of old bikes, and see what the council say.

Any idea how much it would cost?

SWNS_SHED_TRIP_01.jpg

screenman

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4994246, member: 21629"]This thread reminded me one of my workmates.

He lives in a house with his family. He's got a job but he also trades used cars - buys a crap car, repairs it and drives it to Eastern Europe to sell it.
He normaly parks about 10 - 15 cars everywhere on the street as he's got no land property. And he always wonders why other neighbours are angry about his cars.[/QUOTE]

How does he get away with them not having ved?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Just to put into context, I live on a road of terrace houses on both sides, where the road is only wide enough to park cars down one side of the road. A neighbour has 4 cars on the street for him, his other half and 2 adult kids.

Imagine my surprise when I come home today to them moving some of their friends in with their 2 kids and another 4 cars. Surely 8 cars in one four bedroom terrace house is taking the you know what.

So joy of joys my journey home included a walk from 2 streets away because i can no longer park outside. Grrrrr.
Where I used to live, next door ran a car for every family member of driving age (4) plus a taxi. They ripped up the verge protection in front of their house so they could park illegally on the verge, and once I came home early to find them using our drive as a sort of overflow parking.

Our current place isn't too bad, but next door block our drive every time they get a delivery, and can't be arsed to tell the delivery drivers to park legally. Perhaps ironically, we're one of the few households able to park all our motor vehicles off road, as we only have one car. I suspect that if we ran more than one, or started using the frontage of our own house for parking, there would be disgruntlement.

Top Bottom