How tall are you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RWright

Guru
a little over 5' 9"

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Engineer?
IMG_0293.JPG

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
183cm. Just been overtaken by my son who is barely 14. His twin sister is not far behind and my wife is 184cm.

At six feet tall, soon I'll be the shortest in the family.
I was talking to someone about that phenomenon recently.

I was fully grown in my mid-teens (early 1970s). At 1.86 m or 6' 1" I was considered very tall and there was only one other person in the school of my height.

As years went by I became merely 'tallish' as young giants caught up and then grew taller.

These days I have to look up when speaking to tall young men as often as men had to look up to make eye contact with me in my teens.

The average height of 21 year old males in the Netherlands and Norway is now only 2 or 3 cms less than mine.

Drago

Legendary Member
I was talking to someone about that phenomenon recently.

I was fully grown in my mid-teens (early 1970s). At 1.86 m or 6' 1" I was considered very tall and there was only one other person in the school of my height.

As years went by I became merely 'tallish' as young giants caught up and then grew taller.

These days I have to look up when speaking to tall young men as often as men had to look up to make eye contact with me in my teens.

The average height of 21 year old males in the Netherlands and Norway is now only 2 or 3 cms less than mine.
Same here. I read somewhere that growth hormones pumped into livestock gets into the food chain, hence these towering youngsters you see these days. Don't know how true it may be but it sounds good.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I am shrinikg too no longer just over 6'1", still above 6' though so all is well. I've never wanted to be taller but am always grateful to not be under 6', a short bloke.

You've lost an inch. Do you think the shrinking will stop there,or do you think you could lose more? I ask because with me going from 6ft 1in to 5ft 11in, i must've dropped to 6ft before dropping to 5ft 11in. If i'd have been measured when i was exactly 6ft would i have assumed that i wasn't going to lose anymore?

Drago

Legendary Member
So Accy has become a short man, and is slowly regressing to dwarfhood.

MarkF

Guru
You've lost an inch. Do you think the shrinking will stop there,or do you think you could lose more? I ask because with me going from 6ft 1in to 5ft 11in, i must've dropped to 6ft before dropping to 5ft 11in. If i'd have been measured when i was exactly 6ft would i have assumed that i wasn't going to lose anymore?

I had a few bad accidents 2011-2013 (non-cycling), one that caused me to lose a year never mind an inch, I am hoping I don't lose another inch, being less than 6' would be a disappointment. My youngest lad (18) is stuck on 5'11" and it is killing him, me, I want him to stay down there! ^_^

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I had a few bad accidents 2011-2013 (non-cycling), one that caused me to lose a year never mind an inch, I am hoping I don't lose another inch, being less than 6' would be a disappointment. My youngest lad (18) is stuck on 5'11" and it is killing him, me, I want him to stay down there! ^_^
Things like this don't bother me now. It's like hair loss. If i'd have lost height or my hair at say 36 i'd have been upset,but at 56 i'm just happy to be alive!:laugh:

Edit..Now if it'd been my Narcissistic brother who'd lost height, he'd be totally devastated!:cry:

Last edited:
Top Bottom