How tight are you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
That reminds me Liz, I need £10,000 for a plane ticket to come and see you....

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I have 99p flip flops for the post commute shower at work. It means I avoid athlete's foot.

After a few months use the toe bar always lifts through the foam sole.

To ensure I get a few extra months use, I will make a shim out of a plastic drinks bottle and put that between the toe bar and the sole. So, it acts like a washer to stop the toe bar lifting upwards through the sole.

My colleagues think I'm a tight arse.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I sometimes cycle to work to save petrol + wear and tear on my car..
How tight is that?!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I do as much of the shopping as possible to stop my wife buying stuff we don’t need or already have - working our way through six jars of Old El Paso salsa at the moment!!!!

My clothes have a rotation pattern - going out looking presentable, general going out shopping etc, round the house, gardening, decorating one room, bin

Last edited:

Thomson

Quite bad here. I try not to spend any money during the week just going to work and back on the bike. After about 12 years of having a car I don't own one now. It's 30 miles cycling a week to work. Saving on fuel i used to spend £50 a week in my past job. I keep clothes for as long as I can. And if I do spend money I always keep the change and put the coppers in a bottle at home. I don't go daft with the washing up liquid to make it last but hey I am Scottish.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
On the sharpening blades theme of the OP, replacing the blades for my razor is a PITA, they are so expensive. I was once told that they are the most frequently stolen item by shoplifters, but being an honest type, I wouldn't resort to theft so I have studied how to make them sharp again so they can be reused.

I came across this on YouTube:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLJs9Ovnld8

But I found I was using too much shower cleaner, so I found the razor on your arm method:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ADaRIqy0Dc

Now my wife thinks I am self harming, but who cares, I haven't bought any razor blades for 2 years now

Top Bottom