How tight are you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ok.i don't think i'll get any if any likes for this, as you lot without sin will be casting the first stone,i presume. When i go to the doctor's,job centre or any such like place i always help myself to a handful of pper towels out the dispensing maachine in t
I turn off the indicators in between flashes

Ah,so that's why most drivers don't indicate their intentions now. They think,alongside using their lights,that "these things cost money you know"! A dimwit motorist once said to me that he didn't put his side lights on till he really had to because "it uses more petrol revving the engine to charge the battery, to power such things as side lights".:rolleyes:

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I'm so tight my PC hibernates after only

stephec

Legendary Member
I had a mate who was tighter than a duck's arse.

A few years ago his wife was on the phone to mine, who heard their little girl's voice in the background say, 'how long have you been on that phone?'

Apparently she was just parroting her dad. :biggrin:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I turn off the indicators in between flashes

Some BMW drivers turn off the flashes in between intervals....

I spend the money in my pocket faster than you can say ‘got any spare change’. Money burns holes in my pockets like it’s laser guided. That being said the money in my pocket represents cash left over from paying into my pension, paying the mortgage, paying all the bills, feeding the family, fueling the cars and paying off what ever needs to be paid off first. So usually not much. Except this week when I think I have enough to splurge on a new dropper post, ‘cos why not.
Oh it is cash, I get cash back when I buy groceries as I hate paying ATM fees.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I do as much of the shopping as possible to stop my wife buying stuff we don’t need or already have - working our way through six jars of Old El Paso salsa at the moment!!!!

My clothes have a rotation pattern - going out looking presentable, general going out shopping etc, round the house, gardening, decorating one room, bin
:ohmy::ohmy: You mean that you get paint everywhere on the clothes so can’t use as dusters, polishing cloths, bike rags? Blimey, you must have money to burn.

Tim Hall

I spend the money in my pocket faster than you can say ‘got any spare change’. Money burns holes in my pockets like it’s laser guided. That being said the money in my pocket represents cash left over from paying into my pension, paying the mortgage, paying all the bills, feeding the family, fueling the cars and paying off what ever needs to be paid off first. So usually not much. Except this week when I think I have enough to splurge on a new dropper post, ‘cos why not.
Oh it is cash, I get cash back when I buy groceries as I hate paying ATM fees.
Are ATM fees widespread in Houston? Round these parts (south east England) nearly all the ATMs are free (banks, post offices, building societies, super markets etc).
Before contactless cards were widespread, some pubs accepted payment by regular debit card. Being asked if I wanted cash back with my pint felt like I was being paid to drink beer.

Are ATM fees widespread in Houston? Round these parts (south east England) nearly all the ATMs are free (banks, post offices, building societies, super markets etc).
Before contactless cards were widespread, some pubs accepted payment by regular debit card. Being asked if I wanted cash back with my pint felt like I was being paid to drink beer.
I left the UK when banks tried to introduce charges to get your own cash and I recall the public uproar and subsequent back tracking by the banks. Here, yes, most ATM’s will charge you from a $1 to $4 per transaction. A couple of banks do offer free withdrawals, but only as an incentives rather than by law.

Very few contactless cards here yet. Banking here is about a decade behind Europe. I still see cheques being used on a daily basis.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
At home we have 3 rules,
Do you NEED it?
Can you afford it?
Can you get it cheaper elsewhere?

Maybe we should add can you, or someone else fix it :blush:

I darn my socks

Can you darn my merino socks, as I can't bear to throw them away :laugh:

I have 99p flip flops for the post commute shower at work. It means I avoid athlete's foot.

Can you get athletes foot from the shower?? thought it was just verrucas. Maybe I need some flip flops for the work shower :wacko:

Top Bottom