How tight are you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Organic and low fat too!

classic33

Leg End Member
I purchased an Amplifier 2nd hand in 1985, still giving sterling service to this day. :angel:
Bought a B&D drill in 1982, cord replaced, with a longer one, after it was borrowed and came back with bare wires showing. That and brushes are the only things replaced.

Hyslop

Veteran
I don't consider myself particularly miserly,but IlI'tell you this.When last winter I needed a fleece hat,I discovered that children's clothes attract no VAT.I don't have a large head(though my friends may incline to disagree!!!) so off I went to Millets,bough a superb hat for a fiver.My friend on the other hand paid£23.The difference would probably have been even greater at Cotswold.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
My abiding memory of tightness was when I first started work, in 1974, and there was this old hippy type who smoked very thin roll ups, but when he got down to the end, he stuck a pin in the stub as it was too small to hold with his fingers to get the last quarter inch.

Hyslop

Veteran
:smile:

I trust it didn't have " hello kitty" or similar cartoon on it?

or
little tyke
or
daddy's favourite

or whatever.
:smile:

I trust it didn't have " hello kitty" or similar cartoon on it?

or
little tyke
or
daddy's favourite

or whatever.
Thankfully noBut it's fortunate that they had a little black hat, because one of them,in blue,had the legend"Im lost"or something such written on it.Again though,my pals would probably say that was apt!

bruce1530

Guru
Two of my acquaintances are librarians, and both started work in a library on the same day.

They were summoned to the Head Librarian’s office.

After a short pep talk, he took out a bunch of keys and unlocked the stationary cupboard. “You’ll need some stuff”.

He took out a box of pencils, a box of pens, a box of notebooks, a box of rubbers, and a box of stanley knifes.

He gave them a pencil each, a pen each, a notebook each.

Then took the stanley knife, cut a rubber in half, and gave them a half each.

In 'The Bridges Of Lancashire & Yorkshire' book, that I mention/showed, an early chapter reveals this paragraph, about the 'reluctance of villagers to pay' was obviously wrote by a Lancastrian

DSCF5103.JPG

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Two of my acquaintances are librarians, and both started work in a library on the same day.

They were summoned to the Head Librarian’s office.

After a short pep talk, he took out a bunch of keys and unlocked the stationary cupboard. “You’ll need some stuff”.

He took out a box of pencils, a box of pens, a box of notebooks, a box of rubbers, and a box of stanley knifes.

He gave them a pencil each, a pen each, a notebook each.

Then took the stanley knife, cut a rubber in half, and gave them a half each.
A whole pencil? Each? :ohmy:

Top Bottom