How to adjust reach on Tektro RL520 levers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mojones

Possibly a stupid question, but does anyone know how to adjust the reach on these levers? There's a little silver screw behind the lever arm that looks like it should do the job, but from its position it seems to be completely inaccessible to a screwdriver!

No idea really, perhaps when you unhook the brakes and squeeze the lever its accessible ? anyway I've just googled the levers, if I ever get round to it it could be a good alternative to the sti's on my sirrus if I convert it to a fixie :smile:

OP
OP
M

mojones

No idea really, perhaps when you unhook the brakes and squeeze the lever its accessible ? anyway I've just googled the levers, if I ever get round to it it could be a good alternative to the sti's on my sirrus if I convert it to a fixie :smile:

Mine are on a sirrus too - drop bar conversion. They're working perfectly with the min-V's, I just wish I could get them a bit closer to the bars so I didn't have to stretch so much!

chugsy

Possibly a stupid question, but does anyone know how to adjust the reach on these levers? There's a little silver screw behind the lever arm that looks like it should do the job, but from its position it seems to be completely inaccessible to a screwdriver!

The screw looks like it is only there to give the spring something to push against - there is a button on the side of the lever which can be pushed left or right giving you two reach positions.

Top Bottom