how would you react?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
I would continue on my way but remember for next time that akthalth hi coz is not a legal requirement, it really improves other road users being able to notice you .

Most of the time I wear bright stuff but on the odd occasion I berate myself for wearing black even if I have flashing lights. That's why I've made it a point to have reflective panniers.

Other than that, I wouldn't have done anything. I I would just assume a stranger was looking out for me.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
I would of told him to effing do one.

screenman

Legendary Member
What annoyed you more, the fact he was a hippy type, he appeared to not be at work where as everybody else was or he offered an opinion on your clothing? I would have said thanks and wished him a good day.

Drago

Legendary Member
I would continue on my way but remember for next time that akthalth hi coz is not a legal requirement, it really improves other road users being able to notice you .

Most of the time I wear bright stuff but on the odd occasion I berate myself for wearing black even if I have flashing lights. That's why I've made it a point to have reflective panniers.

Other than that, I wouldn't have done anything. I I would just assume a stranger was looking out for me.

It makes one more conspicuous. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to lessen the tendency for other road users to run you over - motorised fools run you over because of their stupidity and inappropriate behaviour, not because they didn't see you.

I would have condensed that explanation to a 2 word reply, reattached my monacle, and carried on.

D

Deleted member 26715

"Good Morning, Lovely day isn't it"

matiz

Guru
I had the same thing happen a while ago but the guy was with a girl it was a ego thing he was looking for a reaction ,he didn't get one he just stood there looking stupid in front of her.

Although I am not in total agreement with the chap you met but there have been times when I have been out cycling and have seen riders wearing all black cycling gear plus a black bike. I call it "stealth mode!" It may be alright for fighter planes but cyclist's need to be more conspicuous. Some bright colours would help. If you think about it motorcyclist's were in a similar situation to cyclist's by not being seen and adopted the idea of riding with their headlights on.

Top Bottom