Votes: 16 19.8%
  • No change

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • - 0-5Kg

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • - 5Kg+

Votes: 16 19.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Always the same? Have you checked that the wheel thingy on your scales hasn't got stuck?
It's a while since i used those type of scales. I haven't weighed myself for 5 weeks since my local gym shut down. I use their digital scales. I bet when i go back in say 4 weeks time i'll be the same, give or take 1 or 2 pounds.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I had a back operation early last year, the end result of 20+ years of Muay Thai, so my weight did go from 89KG to 96KG. Now back down to about 90KG. Cycling from Wan Chai to Stanley in Hong Kong regularly helps as it is very hilly.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
FWIW since the beginning of lockdown my weight has been trending down slightly; I was 71.35kg on the 5-day mean and am now a shade over 71.0kg; however my past three samples have been well under 71kg. These are lows I've not reached recently outside of fasts and if the trend continues I should hit a 5-day mean of around 70.5kg over the next few days.

This is unsurprising really since I've made an effort to reduce my carb intake (so to an extent this loss could be temporary if I don't stick to the regime) and have been clocking up the miles on the bike thanks to a combination of being at home more / having nowt else to do / having nice weather / the riding being a good way of maintaining my mental health, which seems to be deteriorating in the absence of meaningful physical contact with others.

I'm hoping to get to mid-60s, having so far managed to lose 14kg since August 2018.. however am lacking resolve and discipline currently so happy to maintain with a slight downward trend if possible :smile:

Since lockdown I have put on half a stone, pity as I was the heaviest I have been for many years at the beginning of it. I am now the heaviest I have been for 15 years. WFH is a nightmare I cant do my normal 26 miles a day commuting. Plus my girlfriend has moved in for the duration she insists on cooking and there is always food in the house. I have her on a bike fitness regime on the turbo mainly, which I do with her but its just not enough.
We used to dance at least 4-6 hrs per week but cant quickstep etc around a living room . If this went on for 6 months you would have to roll us both out of the house. We have both said more discipline with food is needed but it only takes one of us to get peckish to lead the other into temptation as well.

lane

Veteran
I was 81kg after Christmas and started dieting slowly getting weight down. The first couple of weeks of the lockdown it absolutely fell off and is now going down more slowly I am currently 74.5kg but some of that was prior to the lockdown. Lightest I have been for at least one and possibly two decades.

Hadn't weighed myself since the accident last August. Weighed myself yesterday and have put in 8lbs. Now determined to try and shed it!

Julia9054

Guru
Thanks to the boys being home, we now have a snack cupboard and I have rediscovered this bad boi

My ideal weight (at my peak fitness 😬) was 95/96 kg (too lazy convert to stones). 30 years on I've been between 105-112 far too often. Now, after three months in India I've come in at a surprising 98 kg (😳) having changed my diet drastically: no meat (fish, for the time bring is OK), no chocolate or ice cream (😫), reduced amounts of bread, lots of fresh veg and fruit (salads), healthy soups, very little alcohol (😇) and no fruit cake (Christmas/Dundee) unless absolutely essential! 😜

At least all my OLD clothes fit me again: fortunately I'm not a dedicated follower of fashion.

Let' see how much I've lost/gained by the autumn.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Blood pressure nicely in the green zone which will be related to the lower than normal body weight.

When I last checked my weight had went down by at least 3kg. Just checked and it seems to be stabilised.
That's me lost another kilo generally and after a turbo session or ride that can be down by another kilo👎
Pre op last year I was gaining weight slightly contrary to one of the signs of Bowel Cancer (rapid weight loss) and hit 65kg. I was almost instantly 2kg lighter when they removed half my bowel and that's the weight I'd like to be. During my chemo at the lowest I was 57kg (58kg average) and when it was finished I had built my self up to 62kg post but now I am 58kg generally and falling to 57kg post exercise 👎

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
We don't have scales in our house so I hardly ever weight myself but I know mine doesn't move that much as my clothes are always the same size.

Top Bottom