Hungry, so very very hungry...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Graham

Big bowl of porridge in the morning might help? Although I am similar - cant stay away from the canteen in the afternoon!

poynedexter

i have lost about a stone (11.5 - 10.5) in less than a year. i find i need to eat 5 times a day. big porridge breakfast, fruit and yogurt at 10.30, sandwich and fruit at lunch, mid afternoon snack of a small sandwich and raisins. normal dinner.

if i eat protein at lunch (2 chicken breasts with some salad) i dont get too hungry till tea time.

my advice is add protein at lunch (fish/ chicken) and eat dinner at 7 - 7.30pm. this keeps the 9 oclock munchies at bay.

for me its the usual crappy processed food, sugary stuff and drink which is the killer for weight control, not the quantity of good food.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Eating smaller meals more regularly, upping the healthy fats such as nuts, seeds, olive oils, oily fish and - if you're riding as much as you do, you'll need it. Complex carbs are good as you know but you'll need to balance it out with much more protein veg based or meat and fish to aid the feeling of fullness.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Try other nut butters then- hazlenut, nutella, sesame - there's loads out there

Hmm, Nutella, droooooool... And you get a wee glass to use after the pot is empty, handy!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Ah don't get me started on jars and bottles- I love them, recycled ones are really handy for storing more food or craft stuff.

byegad

Legendary Member
I used to get very, very tired around 2pm every day. Almost out on my feet at times. I used to have a cup of tea for breakfast then a cooked lunch.

I found that it could be solved by eating breakfast and eating a lot less at lunchtime solved the problem.

Drago

Legendary Member
I avoid the hollow calories in veggies and fruit, and stick to red meat as much as poss. Got a lifting competition next month and I don't think celery is going to help much ;)

Top Bottom