Hybrids do we fit in?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
While we're playing with labels, such as 'roadies' and 'hybridists', what would you term the rider of a recumbent? Is that 'recumbenaut', 'recumbist', or just 'laid-back cyclist'? :laugh:
"The lowest of the low"....?

compo

Veteran
When on my hybrid loads of roadies call out a greeting and loads totally ignore me. It doesn't bother me in the least. Where it really counts though is when you are in trouble, and the couple of times I have been on the side of the ride with the bike upside down virtually every cyclist, roadie, hybrid and MTB'ers, asked me if I was OK or needed help. That is the true test of camaraderie.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
I ride a full carbon road bike with small bar bag and a Carradice carradura saddle bag attached (most of the time)...that confuses the roadies lol

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
While we're playing with labels, such as 'roadies' and 'hybridists', what would you term the rider of a recumbent? Is that 'recumbenaut', 'recumbist', or just 'laid-back cyclist'? :laugh:
Attention seeker?.....(ducks)

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
When on my hybrid loads of roadies call out a greeting and loads totally ignore me. It doesn't bother me in the least. Where it really counts though is when you are in trouble, and the couple of times I have been on the side of the ride with the bike upside down virtually every cyclist, roadie, hybrid and MTB'ers, asked me if I was OK or needed help. That is the true test of camaraderie.
^^ This. And only this. The end. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom