Hydrogen powered Ebike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biker man

A Chinese bike sharing platform is renting out Hydrogen powered Ebikes in a city called Changzhou is the future?

OP you take the cake in posting things that out of the real World. Can't wait for your post on ebikes that cycle by themselves with no one on it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The future (and past) is actually pedalling a bike.

We had a hydrogen powered one at work a couple of years ago as part of our programme of research into hydrogen power. Bet used for commercial processes TBH - you swap out the hydrogen pack, then get it 're-charged' - that needs big commercial equipment.

The bikes were £5k and upwards, but fitted with crap components you wouldn't even find on a £300 bike.

OP
OP
B

Biker man

The future (and past) is actually pedalling a bike.

We had a hydrogen powered one at work a couple of years ago as part of our programme of research into hydrogen power. Bet used for commercial processes TBH - you swap out the hydrogen pack, then get it 're-charged' - that needs big commercial equipment.

The bikes were £5k and upwards, but fitted with crap components you wouldn't even find on a £300 bike.

OP
OP
B

Biker man

Peddling is fine but when you get long in the tooth like me you need a bit of help.I couldn't ride a ordinary bike on the hills around here ,but my ebike has taken me all over the place.

Link to this hydrogen bike please.
I think a methane one'd be much better, it's widely available over the UK and most of Europe. There are plentiful supplies within a few miles of most people other than in the very biggest cities or the tops of the highest mountains.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
The proess of 'creating' hydrogen at the moment is expensive, uses loads of power at present. Once that's sorted, it's probably the way transport will go. EV's will be old tech.

Hydrogen is merely a way of transporting power not a power source. Surely it's a lot easier/cheaper/greener to transport power down a copper wire?

Top Bottom