I am angry, very angry!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Been Christmas shopping with my wife this afternoon. My wife has vouchers for various shops, including Bhs where she bought a dressing gown for our grand daughter. The price was £18 so she handed over a £20 voucher. Guess what? They dont give any change, either cash or a £2 pounds voucher! That is a rip off is it not? Can they legally do that? So we paid cash instead as she wasn't going to lose 2 quid. I am still angry now just thinking about it. Rip off Britain is a very mild way of putting it.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
If you wanted change pay with a £20 note and avoid vouchers because most if not all will be this way.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Tesco & Sainsburys used to be the same. M&S are a bit different though, if you have one of their e-vouchers they just take the amount spent off the e-voucher and leave whatever is left on the voucher for another day.

If you buy gift vouchers you have no or little rights under the consumer credit act and are bottom of the food chain as far as creditors are concerned when a company goes bust. I'm really surprised that people don't know this, ignorance is no excuse.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Been Christmas shopping with my wife this afternoon. My wife has vouchers for various shops, including Bhs where she bought a dressing gown for our grand daughter. The price was £18 so she handed over a £20 voucher. Guess what? They dont give any change, either cash or a £2 pounds voucher! That is a rip off is it not? Can they legally do that? So we paid cash instead as she wasn't going to lose 2 quid. I am still angry now just thinking about it. Rip off Britain is a very mild way of putting it.

Yes it is an accounts thing

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
So far, you all seem to accept it as a normal state of affair. Well I dont and the French in me would be to take to the streets and boycot those shops.

So far, you all seem to accept it as a normal state of affair. Well I dont and the French in me would be to take to the streets and boycot those shops.
Take pictures of the placards on Rhyl high street will ya. I wouldn't want to miss anything.

D

Deleted member 26715

Seriously are you THAT Angry over such a trivial matter?

Alan...

Top Bottom