I am angry, very angry!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Seriously are you THAT Angry over such a trivial matter?

Alan...
I dont see it as trivial. I hate injustice and being taken for a ride by big corporations. I was brought up to be honest and fair with others. I charge £23 per hour for driving lessons. When pupils pay me £25, they rightly expect £2 change. I am really surprised that you all seem to accept this rip off, no matter how much is involved.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Umm how to explain,

Okay this is not exactly right but sort of

You gave the shop "£20" and promised to take some of their goods at a later date to the tune of that £20, they gave you a voucher saying you did this, you have spent £18 so they give you another voucher saying you have £2 still to go to make good on your promise.

Now if they gave you that £2 in cash you could spend it anywhere when they have already accounted for the fact that you "paid in advance" for goods or promised to take £20 worth of stuff from them.

Umm how to explain,

You gave the shop "£20" and promised to take some of their goods at a later date to the tune of that £20, they gave you a voucher saying you did this, you have spent £18 so they give you another voucher saying you have £2 still to go to make good on your promise.

Now if they gave you that £2 in cash you could spend it anywhere when they have already accounted for the fact that you "paid in advance" for goods or promised to take £20 worth of stuff from them.
This is Gavroche, no need for explanations, he's French, just humour him.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Have you read the terms and conditions of the card?
No,
but it doesn't change a thing. If your goods are less than the value of the vouchers, you should get back the difference in vouchers, at least when whole pounds are concerned.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Umm how to explain,

A £2 pounds voucher is the answer so you still have to spend it in their shop, that would be fair.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
But you were offered the difference in vouchers.

EDIT just re-read what you had written.

There's a simpler solution, just get something to take the total over £20 even if it's sweets and crisps.

Booyaa

Veteran
No,
but it doesn't change a thing. If your goods are less than the value of the vouchers, you should get back the difference in vouchers, at least when whole pounds are concerned.
My point being that is the T&C's mention this then it is a bit pointless getting angry about it. It may not be fair, but arguing about it when it is in writing is a waste of time and high blood pressure. It may not be fair but if thems the rules.....

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Now look here Puddles, let's not complicate this issue with logic, common sense and explanations of normal business procedures.:biggrin:

Sorry it is the accountant in me :blush:

Ah I see what you are saying @gavroche if they did not offer the difference then you should have either a) checked the T&C of the voucher before you bought it or b) ignored the t&c and thrown a biatch fit in the middle of the shop sometimes the latter can work just cos they want rid!

Top Bottom