I am angry, very angry!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
2761115 said:
T&Cs don't alter bookkeeping.

Oh they do, depends how creative you want to get

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
++
2761026 said:
Completely the wrong way around I would say. Customer gives them £20 up front, shop promises to give them £20 worth of stuff later.

Then choose £20+ worth of stuff and pay the difference.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
By the way, I am not angry. I've had a great weekend and I'm feeling very chilled.

One reason for feeling chilled is that I didn't go anywhere near the shops and I've not seen a single Christmas display.

I'm feeling jovial too.

I re-felted my shed roof, had a three pie Saturday, picked up a commission for an e-commerce enabled web site, sorted out how to make a responsive web site menu system and redeemed my Asda cash back voucher making sure that I bought goods worth more than the voucher's value.

A good weekend all in all.

This is why instead of giving a £20 BHS voucher as a gift, which can be spent in any branch of BHS in the UK, I'd rather give a £20 bank note, which can be spent in any shop in the UK!

400bhp

Guru
Been Christmas shopping with my wife this afternoon. My wife has vouchers for various shops, including Bhs where she bought a dressing gown for our grand daughter. The price was £18 so she handed over a £20 voucher. Guess what? They dont give any change, either cash or a £2 pounds voucher! That is a rip off is it not? Can they legally do that? So we paid cash instead as she wasn't going to lose 2 quid. I am still angry now just thinking about it. Rip off Britain is a very mild way of putting it.

So they do give change then?

400bhp

Guru
So far, you all seem to accept it as a normal state of affair. Well I dont and the French in me would be to take to the streets and boycot those shops.

Fine, just do it on the Boulevards please.:whistle:

400bhp

Guru
I dont see it as trivial. I hate injustice and being taken for a ride by big corporations. I was brought up to be honest and fair with others. I charge £23 per hour for driving lessons. When pupils pay me £25, they rightly expect £2 change. I am really surprised that you all seem to accept this rip off, no matter how much is involved.

Blimey, what will you do when you find out about the banking system nearly brought down the world economy?
:whistle:

vickster

Legendary Member
My socks trump your shoe sock (I assume the grandchild is a child and that gavroche isn't really old with grown up grandkids)

jayonabike