I am angry, very angry!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

I dont see it as trivial. I hate injustice and being taken for a ride by big corporations. I was brought up to be honest and fair with others. I charge £23 per hour for driving lessons. When pupils pay me £25, they rightly expect £2 change. I am really surprised that you all seem to accept this rip off, no matter how much is involved.
If this trivial matter is all you have to get angry about then you have a good life, live with it, move on, if you must boycott the store.

Alan...

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
If this trivial matter is all you have to get angry about then you have a good life, live with it, move on, if you must boycott the store.

Alan...

What and bring about the downfall of a British institution?

stephec

Legendary Member
I can't believe I've managed to read this right until the end, I'll not bother recounting my tale of the Tesco clubcard voucher yesterday for fear of causing terminal boredom. :smile:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
There's a simpler solution, just get something to take the total over £20 even if it's sweets and crisps.
Good call, I know my granddaughter would much prefer sweets and crisps to a boring old dressing gown!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
So far, you all seem to accept it as a normal state of affair. Well I dont and the French in me would be to take to the streets and boycot those shops.
Can we have tractors? And the marvellously riotous French farmers? I admire their revolutionary spirit, they don't take no bullsh*t :smile:

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Good call, I know my granddaughter would much prefer sweets and crisps to a boring old dressing gown!
Yeh but sweets and crips are bad for her teeth.:thumbsup:
At least a dressing gown will keep her warm and this is what she requested anyway. It is not any dressing gown either, it is on of those fashionable one that kids like.:wub:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Yeh but sweets and crips are bad for her teeth.:thumbsup:
At least a dressing gown will keep her warm and this is what she requested anyway. It is not any dressing gown either, it is on of those fashionable one that kids like.:wub:
I obviously don't know how old your granddaughter is, but as the grandfather to a three year old I see it as my responsibility to ensure my granddaughter eats a balanced healthy diet when she comes to visit us, followed by plenty of sweets and crisps to get her metabolism to boiling point just before she's given back to her parents ^_^

Last edited:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Is it an anti-fraud measure?
Forgeries of vouchers are, presumably, easier to produce than cash forgeries. If you have a forged voucher for £50 and could buy some small £1 item, get £49 cash change. Result.
The forger could get £50 of goods of course, but that is less appealing than the cash. And the store would prefer to lose the goods than the cash as the goods will have cost them a lot less than £49

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I thought they all did cards these days, like credit-card sized 'vouchers' which have an amount on them, and your purchases are deducted, leaving the balance still to spend... last time I was given a Smiths one, that was the case. Still got one in my wallet with a few quid on it, I think.

Top Bottom