I am now eyeing my colleagues with suspicion...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
Instead of writing "Property of Gregory, the one with the bad temper" on it, write "Ebola".

Seriously just put another yogurt in the fridge.
Option one take the lid off and put cling film over it.... they then wonder if you have put something in it.
Option 2 put something in it.
Option 3 put something in it that will make it obvious they were the thieves.....fly agaric? No I don't have any.

There is a blue dye used in medicine called "Patent Blue V"

Take a blackcurrant yoghurt with a price tag.
Then peel back and inject into yoghurt
Replace label

Person who nicks yoghurt spends several days with a blue mouth and tongue

Also works with Mars bar and any chocolate with a soft centre

subaqua

What’s the point
There is a blue dye used in medicine called "Patent Blue V"

Take a blackcurrant yoghurt with a price tag.
Then peel back and inject into yoghurt
Replace label

Person who nicks yoghurt spends several days with a blue mouth and tongue

Also works with Mars bar and any chocolate with a soft centre

hmmm stores ideas for next years dive trips pranks

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Over a 4 month period i had my personal locker either broken into or the lock broken 6 times .
They only ever took the cycling mags or emptied the coffee jar , my work coat and bodywarmer which was on the coat rack along with other employees coats got pinched.
It did not stop till the boss threatened to put up video cameras and sack whoever was doing it .

young Ed

Veteran
mix blue, yellow or green food dye into future yoghurt makes thieves think it's something else but you eat it quite happily and it tastes no different :smile:
Cheers Ed

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
I'm sorry but it's the rule of unattended food. Had the lid already been pealed back, or it had a name sticker on that was really hard to remove, I would think twice. But good yog in a communal fridge...

Crankarm

Guru
My food in the fridge is more often out of date so no one touches it. I eat bananas that are practically black so no one touches them. But I've had my wallet, Sony Carl Zeiss point and shoot camera, Park chain pliers and allen key multi-tool, and bike light pinched from my panniers. I now have a locker although my Cateye TLD 1100 rear light was on my bike when it was pinched. I didn't complain as I would have lost my job for causing trouble.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Pinching Total yoghurt is a hanging offense. Even Hubster doesn't touch my beloved Total. He has that Muller Light stuff with strawberries, mangos and whatnot in. xx(

Food theft in the workplace is just that. Theft. Very annoying, nobody ever owns up so laxatives (real or rumoured) has to be the way to go :thumbsup:

classic33

Leg End Member
Pity people were mis-using exlax chocolate. That was one way to get people to stop helping themselves to something they'd not paid for.

Top Bottom