I can’t believe it’s a year already

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
Awesome work, that's taken some going to achieve what you have in a year!

OP
OP
Ice2911

Ice2911

Über Member
Well done, especially about doing LEJOG unsupported, thats what I'd do.
A woman I was talking to told me her husband paid 3 grand to do it as part of an organized trip!. I'd never pay that.
I had a fabulous time, 14 days riding 1153 miles the scenic route through the Scottish Islands. The people I met made the ride, truly lovely and helpful people. Start and stop when you like. I’m now deciding what next. If you get the chance just do it.

Well @Ice2911 I am totally humbled by your efforts and so pleased to read that you are ginning from ear to ear.

I don't know what age you are but your total mileage for the year would be a brilliant effort for even a young and upwardly mobile stud.

What exactly resulted in you going from a cycling zero to cycling hero in such a very short period of time I would be very interested to know?

For me I am gradually getting back into crunching the miles and will be more capable of doing so once I have eventually managed to sort out the woeful gearing of my amazingly gorgeous Shorter Rochford bike.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
That is incredible, all that in just 12 months! :notworthy:
Would you mind telling us how old you are?

OP
OP
Ice2911

Ice2911

Über Member
Well @Ice2911 I am totally humbled by your efforts and so pleased to read that you are ginning from ear to ear.

I don't know what age you are but your total mileage for the year would be a brilliant effort for even a young and upwardly mobile stud.

What exactly resulted in you going from a cycling zero to cycling hero in such a very short period of time I would be very interested to know?

For me I am gradually getting back into crunching the miles and will be more capable of doing so once I have eventually managed to sort out the woeful gearing of my amazingly gorgeous Shorter Rochford bike.
51. Why, because I was having to breath in to do my shoelaces up, I"m now 5 stone lighter, diet as well as exercise. I.m still no lghtweight. I do have a slightly addictive nature, and now if I don't ride most days I get a little twitchy. But I just love it, I'm amazed at the distances you can cover.
I hope you get your gearing sorted out soon.

OP
OP
Ice2911

Ice2911

Über Member
Did you camp or stay in B and Bs? also did you use a GPS and maps or just the GPS?. My friend has done it twice, the first time he just packed a change of underwear and T shirt in a saddlebag and that was it. He wasnt the type of person to mess about.
Mixture of YH,B and B, and camping. I used ride with gps on my phone, linked to a solar charger on my bar bag. Had a map as a back up. My blog is at Paulandrewlejog.wordpress.com if you want to see the route and other details.
HNY

OP
OP
Ice2911

Ice2911

Über Member
Single by any chance lol

Seriously tho, that is a superb effort. I`d do LEJOG unsupported too as long as I could take my dog, rest of the family can stay where they are!
Funnily enough I’m married:smile: I changed my job and became self employed 3 years ago. So even doing this amount of cycling my wife still sees more of me than before. She is incredibly supportive and has put up with bikes in the dining room for most of the year :smile:

Single by any chance lol

Seriously tho, that is a superb effort. I`d do LEJOG unsupported too as long as I could take my dog, rest of the family can stay where they are!

I have exactly the same problem, although being loved by faithful four legged friends (of which I have 3 Springers) is anything but a problem! But it most certainly curtails any and all cycling activities on my behalf as they have 2 very long walks a day.

Top Bottom