I can't find any section to report fly tipping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Kiwi's have three hands :ohmy:

baby-kiwi-chick.jpg

Where do they keep them?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I think you overestimate the impact your posts have. They don't make me (or anyone else I suspect) mad... they just make me feel sorry that you have so little in your life you go to such lengths to give the council 'what for'.

As for getting a job, I have one thanks.

If they'd took the bloody things away in the first place instead of leaving them for someone else to move this thread wouldn't be happening.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
But you didn't have to move them, did you? You only did it to try and spite them...

This thread says more about you than the council.

There was no way they were going to remove them. They'd still be there if i hadn't put them in a place where they were to be seen by all. They council wouldn't move them till a week on Monday at the earliest The cats would rip into them and the mess would be all over the back street. If you're prepared to live with rubbish so be it but i'm not.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Have you considered the possibility that the fault lies not with the council contractors, who are not allowed to take the bags, but with whoever left them there in the first place, who should be aware that they will not be taken? It's your neighbours you should be annoyed with.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
If you don't get on with your neighbours, you could have shopped them:

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/site/scripts/documents_info.php?documentID=710&pageNumber=1

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/downloads/30214_Fixed_Penalty_Leaflet_3_.pdf

"It is an offence to put unauthorised refuse bags out for collection. All your non recyclable waste MUST be presented inside your grey wheeled bin. You MUST NOT place your household waste in another residents wheeled bin or litter bin. The Council can issue residents with a fixed penalty notice for presenting unauthorised refuse bags or not taking your wheeled bin back in after collection".

Language is a bit OTT but it's clear enough.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The binmen around here have been grumpy, or at least uncommunicative, on the few occasions I have spoken to them.

I occasionally hear them coming so nip out to my back yard to hand deliver my wheelie bin to the wagon in the back lane.

Most times the binmen take it from me without a word, despite me saying 'please' and 'thank you'.

The response to fly tipping in the back lane is better - a phone call to the council usually has it sorted within a day or two.

I suspect indicating the waste may be a hazard to public health - rotting food, broken bottles etc - will see it shifted quicker than if the waste is only an obstruction, such as an armchair.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Our binmen often leave bins unemptied. Our students, whilst being really clever and studying hard for their degrees can't seem to work out that metal, glass and plastics all go in one bin (yellow lid), and the paper & card goes in the other (red lid).... good luck with that degree!

Top Bottom