I can't find any section to report fly tipping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Can you break a flipflop?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
So now you've fly tipped them?

FWIW the guys who empty our bins are always cheery and have a phenomenal work rate. Probably a combination of wanting to get the dustcart off the narrow streets and the pressure to complete their round in time I should think. It's a stinker of a job and I wouldn't want to do it so props to them. The chaps down the tip are always dead helpful too. Hint: if you want something carrying, bring a heavily pregnant woman with you :okay:.

It's only classed as fly tipping if it's your rubbish or it's someone else's rubbish and you've been given the job of disposing of it legally. There was once a case of someone taken to court for kicking a can out of their front path onto the road. They said they kicked it out because they were mad that someone had thrown it on to their property and it wasn't their rubbish. The council couldn't prove it was their rubbish,,...case dismissed

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Complete nonsense!

You commit the offence of fly-tipping if you "...deposit controlled waste, knowingly cause or knowingly permit controlled waste to be deposited in or on any land unless a waste management licence is in force and the deposit is in accordance with the licence" (section 33 Environmental Protection Act 1990). "Controlled waste" is any household, commercial or industrial waste.

Shifting 27 bags of domestic waste onto the pavement abutting a main road would clearly fall under section 33.

Oh dear. Well if the lazy feckers had shifted it themselves in the first place i wouldn't have had to resort to such actions.:hello:

snorri

Legendary Member
Yebbut, how did he get to work?
He didn't get home last night, slept in the gritter.:okay:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Go right ahead and look through those bags and try to find one single object that belongs to me i'd say
But they have your original report requesting the removal of bags from one street, which have gone and strangely they find a similar number of bags not very far away.... it wouldn't be that hard to guess how the bags in the new location got there!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
But they have your original report requesting the removal of bags from one street, which have gone and strangely they find a similar number of bags not very far away.... it wouldn't be that hard to guess how the bags in the new location got there!

But they said they had nothing on their screen to show i'd reported it, so surely no one has reported it? The bags are still there by the way. I'm off to work now.I suspect they'll still be there when i get home.

Top Bottom