I can't find any section to report fly tipping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I think you'll find the libraries and old peoples homes are run by the county council not the borough council.
Do bin men deserve a pension ??!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Problem half solved! I phoned the council up this afternoon asking almost pleading with them to take the bags away. They said they couldn't do it as they had to send an inspector out to well inspect them. Why's that i asked Because they might contain dangerous substances they replied. I told them i'd looked in most of the bags and all i found was household rubbish. That didn't sway them. They still need to be inspected they replied. How long before they'll come out to do that i asked. Within 10 working days from today they replied. Why not 10 working days from Monday when i first reported them i asked. We don't have anything on screen to show you've reported them before they said!:cursing:
That was it! I waited till it went dark then shifted all 27 bin bags onto the pavement.of the main road They're there for everyone to see. Maybe they'll inspect and move them a little quicker now, than within 10 working days?

winjim

Smash the cistern
So now you've fly tipped them?

FWIW the guys who empty our bins are always cheery and have a phenomenal work rate. Probably a combination of wanting to get the dustcart off the narrow streets and the pressure to complete their round in time I should think. It's a stinker of a job and I wouldn't want to do it so props to them. The chaps down the tip are always dead helpful too. Hint: if you want something carrying, bring a heavily pregnant woman with you :okay:.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I had to go once and give a talk on the local radio about a public heath alert, which involved driving 15 miles to the studio on country roads through deep snow. I got there on time, just, and was dumped straight on air. The conversation went something like this.

"This morning we have Rezillo, from Coconutinthecoconutshy Council to talk to us about why we're all going to die from whatever scare is currently in the Daily Mail. Rezillo, you've had quite a drive-in this morning?"

"Yes, a lot of drifting snow but I got through the back lanes with a little care, thanks"

"Well, that's good to hear. So you got through in your car but your council's refuse lorries remain in the depot and are not going out. What have you got to say about that?"

What I felt like saying and what I actually said were poles apart.
Did you not just tell him that the man who normally drives the dustcart is busy driving the gritter?

Tim Hall

Did you not just tell him that the man who normally drives the dustcart is busy driving the gritter?
Yebbut, how did he get to work?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Somebody left a headboard from a double bed on our street a few years ago. It sat on the pavement for a few days, uncollected. One morning, it became swathed in lengths of 50mm wide yellow and black tape. "London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham: ENVIRO-CRIME SCENE". It stayed like that for about ten days before mysteriously disappearing. I'm not sure what the point of that might have been. Anyway, it made me smile knowing that our Council Tax is being spent productively.

Top Bottom