I cracked my wheel rim. with picture

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
I am just curious, how do the spokes fit in ?

Other brands are available.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sarahale

sarahale

Über Member
Don't think its an impact, I do a few bunny hops out riding and some drops down things like steps etc but nothing that tough on it

Jody

Stubborn git
I think I'll stick with the old tried and tested system. It looks like you could have serious problems if things went wrong not having conventional nipples.

Not all rims are like that. Mine have been converted to tubeless using Stans tape and some sealant. Just a standard rim with the holes taped up.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I think I'll stick with the old tried and tested system. It looks like you could have serious problems if things went wrong not having conventional nipples.

There are lots of wheels out there with proprietary components like nipples, spokes, hubs and rims that can be difficult / expensive / impossible to fix. A few weeks ago a client, whom I had fixed his Fulfrum 5 rear wheel contacted me to ask if I knew of a place to purchase a new hub locknut..... he contacted the manufacturer and was told they couldn't help. He just couldn't find a lovknut anywhere and gave up.

Proprietary components is the reason why I probably have more than a dozen different spokes keys :smile:

There are suggestions that everybody will be on tubeless in the not too distant future :smile: we'll have to wait and see :smile:

Jody

Stubborn git
There are suggestions that everybody will be on tubeless in the not too distant future :smile: we'll have to wait and see :smile:

Its so liberating. One of the best things to happen in MTB for a long while.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

I like the wheels where the spoke hooks into an eye on the visible inside of the rim.

This means the well of the wheel is solid, which must make tubeless an easier fit.

Not that I am a wheel expert, so perhaps @Spoked Wheels could assist.

Top Bottom