I didn't think it would be that wet outside

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
Squelch ...... squelch.

Mrs Gaz from the lounge : "Is that you Gaz! I hope you took your shoes off .........."

Gaz beats a hasty retreat to the door hoping to remain undetected,

Squelch, squelch, squelch, squelch, squelch, squelch ....... (Phew I made it)

"Gaz! What's all this water doing on the floor :angry:?"

:biggrin:.

It was a bit damp wasn't it............ Got a bit wet running to the car.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Bluble uble uble! :biggrin:

Hehe I arrived home almost totally soaked. I highly recommend the Scott Excel Windstopper Gillet. Not water proof on the zip but fairly dry considering the downpour. Huge grin on my face though, that was fun! Much more pleasant than the soakings I got during winter. Just dried down the bike and was reminded I really need to get a set of raceblades.

Abs

brokenbetty

Über Member
Does anyone know what happens to a 30+ year old Brooks saddle if you leave it out in the rain for 8 hours then ride 6 miles home?

cos I'm going to find out tomorrow morning :biggrin:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
brokenbetty said:
Does anyone know what happens to a 30+ year old Brooks saddle if you leave it out in the rain for 8 hours then ride 6 miles home?

cos I'm going to find out tomorrow morning :biggrin:

Tesco carrier bag next time - my mate swears by it. :biggrin: Didnt get too wet here, heavy rain before and after my ride but only drizzle during. :ohmy:

Trumpettom001

On a similar note of getting soaked... I knocked a cup of tea over on my desk today, went over a years worth of chem notes (and accurately demonstrated the process of chromatography) and got into my pc case (giant hole in the top for a fan, and over every plug on the extension lead... I've spent the last hour dismantling plugs/ extention sockets, drying them and rewireing... not to mention drying some of the case.
Pah.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Wasn't too bad here in SE London, more drizzle rather then rain. But did take heed of the weather forecast so put on the raceblades this morning

Howard

gaz said:
Damn i got caught out. Zero waterproofs and i got soaked! Shoes where like a swimming pool! :biggrin:

Haha me to. Glastonbury weather at its finest.

Least I got to test the new Rapha bag's water resistance.

gbb

Legendary Member
I carry a largish polythene bag in my rucksack now, something to stuff up your back and hang over your bum if its raining and youve got no mudguards. Takes no space in the rucksack, works a treat.

Learned something else last wet ride, lay the bike on its side, cassette down...the water that came out was...well, better out than in. Surprised me.

Also, upturn the bike. Its amazing how much water can get down the seat tube during heavy rain.

nich

I got soaked, and my brakes went to poop. Next time it even thinks about raining I'm taking the MTB...gosh that was scary, think I had an extra litre of adrenaline buzzing through me.

Top Bottom