I dislike Murray, hate is such a strong word...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

just jim

Henman, of The United Kingdom of Great Britian didn't exactly light up the room when he walked in, if we're talking about charisma. What we really need is a much more charismatic sense of charisma - could we have a possible charismatic candidate here?

He has a vest and everything.

Keith Oates

Janner
I have noticed that the Scots (and others) like to slag off the English and it rarely raises an adverse comment but when, which is rare, the English do it a hornets nest is distrurbed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yello

Lleyton Hewitt.... now there is someone I could dislike for no other reason than I don't like the way he acts, talks.... IS really :blush:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
yello said:
Lleyton Hewitt.... now there is someone I could dislike for no other reason than I don't like the way he acts, talks.... IS really :blush:

I know what you mean, he has something intensly irritating about him, he is VERY Australian though, a bit like Shane Warne! The string of rather attractive ladies he dated also helps fuel the disliking (maybe apart from Kim Clijsters - she is just odd looking).

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
They've just been commenting on 5-live that he's one of those sportsmen like Kenny Dalglish who are funnier and friendlier in private than how they come across in interviews. Apparently he's got an English girlfriend, lots of English friends, doesn't hate the English and regrets the joke. Still, he does come across poorly. I was amused by Jimmy Carr's gag about how with his warm and friendly personality, it was a toss-up whether he would earn a living swinging a tennis racket or a bolt gun in an abattoir.

Bodhbh

Guru
Andy in Sig said:
Given the nature of the press, I'm quite prepared to believe he was stitched up.
Can't say I've been following the situation, my understanding is that the journo interviewing him had been ribbing him about Scotland failing to qualify for the World Cup, then rubbed his nose in by asking him who'll he'll support (England?). Suppose could be a stitch up, whatever like a celebrity lamping a pap, he gave em a good story at his expense.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
No opinion on the bloke either way, as not a tennis fan.

Just hope we don't get years of failed Wimbledon 'attempts' coupled together with paps images of him clenching his fist 'Henman' style.

Top Bottom