I dislike Murray, hate is such a strong word...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
karen.488walker said:
Both, true enough. but the husband provides 1st hand exp to scottish attitude. He (husband) will not support the english in sports so I will not support the scottish. Love him and family but Murray is clearly of the same attitude (until someone pointed out to him that he may be alienating 90% of his supporters).

That is a little judgemental, it provides 1st hand knowledge of your husbands attitude but not Murray and/or the Scottish people (although it may be the case ;))

Wigsie

Nincompoop
By the way Karen, great thread! have not enjoyed a CC thread so much for a while, they usually get a bit serious or completely off topic and random after the first 5 pages. ;):bravo:

Bigtwin

Wigsie said:
By the way Karen, great thread! have not enjoyed a CC thread so much for a while, they usually get a bit serious or completely off topic and random after the first 5 pages. ;):bravo:

I though Gary Kasparov's opening in the 1986 Word final was apt precursor to his subsequent political alienation actually.

Renard

Bigtwin said:
I though Gary Kasparov's opening in the 1986 Word final was apt precursor to his subsequent political alienation actually.

Is Gary Fisher the lovechild of Gary Kasparov and Bobby Fisher? ;)

I'm kinda making a mistake and I can see it now. I've always tended to base my views of the Scots on more than one Scot. Obviously this isn't giving me the balance it should. ;)

Andy Murray is definitely Scottish and he has some unpleasant traits. I always enjoy watching sportsmen/women with unpleasant traits, it makes it more interesting.

Bigtwin

Renard said:
One of the godfathers of mountain biking! ;)

Indeed - him and Don Kasfisher.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Crackle said:
I'm kinda making a mistake and I can see it now. I've always tended to base my views of the Scots on more than one Scot. Obviously this isn't giving me the balance it should. ;)

Andy Murray is definitely Scottish and he has some unpleasant traits. I always enjoy watching sportsmen/women with unpleasant traits, it makes it more interesting.

Well this is it... well said, the greatest sportsmen/women and the ones that are most fun to watch are always a little arrogant, cocky etc

Look at Johnny mac he was rude and crude (kinda still is) but was amazing to watch, Shumacher is an arrogant ar*ehole but he made Formula 1 interesting to watch (occassionally). The Rumble in the Jungle with Foreman and Ali would have been rubbish if it wasnt for Ali's cockiness and arrogant self belief in all the build up... and so on...

Top Bottom