I dislike Murray, hate is such a strong word...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
karen.488walker said:
simply because he hates the english and all the english people will conveniently forget this because we're desperate. I'm desperate for a UK champion at wimbledon but not one who didn't want my support 3 yrs ago so can get stuffed now. Arrogant wnkr.

Talk about small minded and taking something out of complete context. If hes arrogant good ! ;)

Bigtwin

montage said:
tbh I reckon the person to watch in tennis is Jamie King..... being entered for the deaf Olympics (whether this is the paraolympics I am unsure).....

....I only say this because I used to play with him ;)

Bit dispiriting when you shout "Let" and the ball still comes back at 130mph down the tramlines every time...

Renard

Noodley said:
Is that the Scott's from High Wycombe? Yes they are not very pleasant are they? ;)

Or Terry Scott? He always seemed quite a nice fellow.

Oops Noodley got there before me ;):laugh:

gbb

Legendary Member
One of us humans traits is to size up another (often completely unknown) person and love or hate him...based on what ???
FWIW (which is nothing to anyone else), i dont like Murray....i dont know him, or anything about him, i didnt know anything about the football team comment....i just didnt like him from the first time i saw him.
No idea specifically why...just seems a bit to miserable, uptight, moody...and i've never see him do anything to show me otherwise.
Am i right to feel that way ?...probably not...but thats what we humans do.

Renard

Bigtwin said:
Anyway, more to the point, why is it that the phrase "Murray's Mound" makes me feel a bit vomity?

Its a fine upstanding place to see the action ;)

Renard

karen.488walker said:
My scottish husband is presumed to be english all the time and his french is so crap 1/2 the time he can't correct them. Ha ha bloody ha.

Whatever!

Is this thread about Andy Murray or your husband?

Wigsie

Nincompoop
gbb said:
One of us humans traits is to size up another (often completely unknown) person and love or hate him...based on what ???
FWIW (which is nothing to anyone else), i dont like Murray....i dont know him, or anything about him, i didnt know anything about the football team comment....i just didnt like him from the first time i saw him.
No idea specifically why...just seems a bit to miserable, uptight, moody...and i've never see him do anything to show me otherwise.
Am i right to feel that way ?...probably not...but thats what we humans do.

Honest and true gbb, my wife is the same, she dislikes him for the same reasons, myself however think his lack of charisma and desperation to be in the spotlight and please the public will do him well!

OP
OP
karen.488walker

karen.488walker

Sittingduck said:
Maybe it's one in the same. Would make sense of this thread ;)
Both, true enough. but the husband provides 1st hand exp to scottish attitude. He (husband) will not support the english in sports so I will not support the scottish. Love him and family but Murray is clearly of the same attitude (until someone pointed out to him that he may be alienating 90% of his supporters).

Top Bottom