I dislike Murray, hate is such a strong word...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtwin

cookiemonster said:
I wouldn't support the English footie side either, but I'm not anti-Engliah.

You're missing an opportunity there - millions of them are disgusting people.

Bit like the Scotts actually....

Noodley

I support 'England' at cricket but only cos it's 'England and Wales' ;) and they also hijack the very few Scots good enough as well. ;)

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I think Montage that the idiotic press didn't see that Murray was joking.

I don't think that's is an anti-English comment, just a bit of ribbing.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
montage said:
So what was that about when Murrey said, from his own lips during an interview, that he would wear a Croatian football T shirt to play during wimbledon the day England played Croatia in the football world cup?

The problem is so many Scottish people say "we are not part of the UK...England are wasters.." so it is natural reaction to push back when you have been pushed. Of course this is not all Scotts, I have had great experiences when I've been up in Scotland and I've also had a scottish girlfriend (who I met in Norway :laugh: ) so I am not anti-scottish. (Though I did get put in hospital while in Edinburgh after having a bin thrown at my head)

I love the scots ;):laugh:;)

Noodley

Bigtwin said:
Bit like the Scotts actually....

Is that the Scott's from High Wycombe? Yes they are not very pleasant are they? ;)

Or Terry Scott? He always seemed quite a nice fellow.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
cookiemonster said:

+1 its harmless footie banter, anyone that thinks otherwise needs to lighten up.

Bigtwin

Noodley said:
Is that the Scott's from High Wycombe? Yes they are not very pleasant are they? ;)

Or Terry Scott? He always seemed quite a nice fellow.

The H-W possie are fine, once you get past the decor and them banging on about their holiday snaps.

It was Terry I meant - all those years of banging June Whitfield in leather pants, and claiming that they just had a professional relationship - disgusting. And where was he when she needed the Stannah and the inconti-pads? Off with Jordan wrecking marriages, that's where.

montage

God Almighty
cookiemonster said:

I believe Murrey is anti-english....all the evidence in interviews points to this (though he has mellowed out recently).

Anyway....even if he isn't anti-english, he is still pretty arrogant. I will be pleased if he wins wimbledon but I won't be routing for him.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
montage said:
I believe Murrey is anti-english....all the evidence in interviews points to this (though he has mellowed out recently).

Anyway....even if he isn't anti-english, he is still pretty arrogant. I will be pleased if he wins wimbledon but I won't be routing for him.

As I mentioned before, if someone from the UK is to win Wimbledon they will need arrogance so they can deal with the pressure! the majority of all sporting champions have elements of arrogance about them.

Top Bottom