i dont do decisions ...so ill leave it to you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

got-to-get-fit

Now that all the bike sales are kicking off im left with a nagging question.

Im going to buy my own road bike - up until now i have been using one i borrowed off a mate......but the bug has bitten me and it wont un-bite me!

My employees are kicking off the cycle to work scheme, im prepared to get the £1000 voucher and buy a bike of around a thousand quid meaning i would only be paying in reality about £600 once tax and so on has been deducted.
This means i would be looking at a Allez sport or Planet X full carbon or something along those lines.

However now the sales have kicked in i was wondering if you all thought it would be better to buy one in the sales thats got say 400 quid knocked off it and get it on intrest free credit. I have seen an allez comp gerolstiner for £899 should have been about £1300

Opinions please .....!

I'm alway too impatient for the sales, when I decide I want a new bike, I want it next day. I recently bought a Focus Cayo, and I think for a grand, you'll be struggling to find something better, even in the sales. BTW it looks much better in the flesh than it does on Wiggle!

stevenb

got-to-get-fit said:
Now that all the bike sales are kicking off im left with a nagging question.

Im going to buy my own road bike - up until now i have been using one i borrowed off a mate......but the bug has bitten me and it wont un-bite me!

My employees are kicking off the cycle to work scheme, im prepared to get the £1000 voucher and buy a bike of around a thousand quid meaning i would only be paying in reality about £600 once tax and so on has been deducted.
This means i would be looking at a Allez sport or Planet X full carbon or something along those lines.

However now the sales have kicked in i was wondering if you all thought it would be better to buy one in the sales thats got say 400 quid knocked off it and get it on intrest free credit. I have seen an allez comp gerolstiner for £899 should have been about £1300

Opinions please .....!

Get down a bike shop if you can and write a list of all the contenders for your money.
See what kind of deal you can strike.
Some cracking examples about for that price...;)

MichaelM

Guru
I seem to be dithering my way through the end of season sales. There seems to be a lot of good buys on the internet - just not in my size. I went into one of the lbs yesterday, there was an 06 Madone in the sale - for £1750 (I thought that seemed abit steep as the 07's are going for £1500 on some sites).

And then there's the time of year - if I were to buy a nice bike, it's likely that it would go into winter hibernation pretty soon anyway!

Focus Bikes are the flavour of the day today - I just wish I could see one in the flesh and throw my leg over to check the sizing.

Monkey Boy

Ditto to wot Eat My Dust said wrt the Cayo. Can't get enough of it....full carbon, ultegra all round, decent saddle, Mavic Aksiums, just great value for money. It's very sexy in the flesh too. Was considering a Planet X but was put off by seeing one in the flesh....looks just OK, but not sexy.

Just do it!

Top Bottom