I don't like the new forum layout.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
This particular juror is still out

Wigsie

Nincompoop
I think Shaun is planning a tweak of the colour scheme and he is probably right, whether he will change the actual IA/UX (Information Architecture/User Expeirence), I doubt it as that is a bigger job.

Facebook was worth $250 million when they 'revamped' it and many people campaigned for it to be returned to its original state and said it would be the end of its popularity as it was too difficult to operate and much slower... now its worth $23 billion!

Shaun

Founder
[QUOTE 1128548"]
... you can't get a 'preview' of posts ...
[/quote]

You can, it just works differently - hover over the link, then move your mouse to the right side and click the icon to see the preview info.

I agree, it's not as good as before and getting it back the way it was is a key priority - as is sorting the layout, but my to-do list is a tad long at the moment so you'll have to be patient with me (I only get to work on it in my spare time, so it's going to be little bits here and there over the coming weeks and months).

You can also select different layouts if you don't like this one - go to the bottom left and there's a drop-down (should currently say CycleChat) - use it to try some different themes and see if there's one you prefer instead.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

I'm sure some on here will love all the new bits and bobs but i'm afraid i preffered the simplicity of the old forum

I really miss the tick that showed you what threads you were active on when you entered one of the sections

Simon

Shaun

Founder
I really miss the tick that showed you what threads you were active on when you entered one of the sections

If you're using the CycleChat theme, this is now represented by a little > arrow on the thread icon.

Not as obvious perhaps, but still, it's there.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
I'm sure some on here will love all the new bits and bobs but i'm afraid i preffered the simplicity of the old forum

Bells and whistles don't do it for me either and I too liked the simplicity of before.

But, the people who made it such a good place to be are still here hopefully, so I'm happy to wait for the tweaks Shaun makes to the layout when he finds time.

I think we should live with it in a positive frame of mind and Shaun will gradually tweak it to the 'consumer's' requirement. I am having a bit of an explore here and there but I can't break anything :smile: so trying stuff is good!
Getting rid of the blue boxes around the number of pages however, is a simple task - of that I'm sure :whistle: :biggrin:

Can't say I like it...I like some of it and some of it I don't....but if it helps keep CycleChat open then im in full support.B)

longers

Legendary Member
I think we should live with it in a positive frame of mind and Shaun will gradually tweak it to the 'consumer's' requirement.

Yep, I don't want to sound ungrateful for the hard work that's gone on and he's got previous for listening and sorting out problems to peoples satisfaction.

Top Bottom