I don't think...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No to 28mm.jpg

...I can push that up to 28s next time I need tyres!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
... that I can...

... fill in the rest of the thread title? :whistle:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
You can drive a bus through that gap - try this one for size.

View attachment 433213
I hope those forks don't flex.

ColinJ

You can drive a bus through that gap - try this one for size.

View attachment 433213

I hope those forks don't flex.
I had that on one bike. The wheel would spin freely with the bike on the stand but I didn't realise that the flex in the fork was enough to get the tyre to rub when I was sitting on the bike. I wore a bald strip on the tyre and took the paint off the underside of the fork before I noticed!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I had that on one bike. The wheel would spin freely with the bike on the stand but I didn't realise that the flex in the fork was enough to get the tyre to rub when I was sitting on the bike. I wore a bald strip on the tyre and took the paint off the underside of the fork before I noticed!

On my wife's bike it is a good indication that the tyres need pumping out - if they don't rub they are under-inflated ;)

ColinJ

I think that tiny fork-tyre clearances are potentially a serious safety risk...

I have had my tyres pick up small stones and carry them round for several wheel revs. With such a small clearance it is possible that a stone (piece of glass, or any other object picked up from the road) could wedge between the tyre and fork and jam the front wheel with obviously scary results! :eek:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I used to have a titanium Global bike and one day the rear wheel went askew. The damage done in a few hundred yards by the muddy wet tyre to the inside of the chainstay was considerable.

Top Bottom