I got 'doored' on a ride today!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
No, it's okay, not that way...

I cycled over to Hebden Bridge to meet a friend for a chat and coffee and cake. I was about to say goodbye and continue my ride when she spotted 3 wood panel doors in a nearby skip. She thought that one of them would be much nicer than the grotty 1970s office-style door she currently has between her kitchen and lounge. A man came out to chuck more stuff into the skip so we asked if he'd mind us taking one of the doors. He had no objections so I hopped off my bike and handed it to my friend to wheel along for me. I dragged the top door out of the skip and hoisted it up onto my head - I knew that helmet would come in handy one day! :laugh:

I carried the door round to her house and felt about an inch shorter by the time we got there. I will be going back over there at the weekend to help her hang the door. (Translation: she will give me explicit instructions on how to do the job for her, and I will ignore those instructions and do it my way.)

If anybody in the area would like a nice wooden door there were 2 more left in the skip this afternoon, outside the former 'Hole in the Wall' pub!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
You're a good friend to have @ColinJ!

Levo-Lon

Guru

I cycled over to Hebden Bridge to meet a friend for a chat and coffee and cake. I was about to say goodbye and continue my ride when she spotted 3 wood panel doors in a nearby skip. She thought that one of them would be much nicer than the grotty 1970s office-style door she currently has between her kitchen and lounge. A man came out to chuck more stuff into the skip so we asked if he'd mind us taking one of the doors. He had no objections so I hopped off my bike and handed it to my friend to wheel along for me. I dragged the top door out of the skip and hoisted it up onto my head - I knew that helmet would come in handy one day! :laugh:

I carried the door round to her house and felt about an inch shorter by the time we got there. I will be going back over there at the weekend to help her hang the door. (Translation: she will give me explicit instructions on how to do the job for her, and I will ignore those instructions and do it my way.)

If anybody in the area would like a nice wooden door there were 2 more left in the skip this afternoon, outside the former 'Hole in the Wall' pub!

I have a few friends like that, females, i love to help but you do earn that cuppa:laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member

Check for woodworm. The pub had a problem with it in the past.

classic33

Leg End Member
Mmm - we didn't exactly look at it closely ... I wondered why someone would chuck away 3 good doors! :whistle:
Don't fit with the new decor?

Top Bottom