I got 'doored' on a ride today!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Could you not have cycled with the door balanced on your head.
Don't encourage me - I'm mad enough without your help! :wacko:

I thought about balancing the door across the bars and saddle but decided that it would be a bit hard to steer.

[QUOTE 5564311, member: 9609"]you should have left it until the morrow, the forecasted wind would have made it more exciting[/QUOTE]
I was walking past a very expensive-looking parked car when a light gust of wind made the door wobble on my head ... :whistle: After that I walked down the middle of the road, well away from parked vehicles! (A quiet backstreet with very little traffic on it.)

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
You better checked the woodworm hasn't moved into your helmet.

Houthakker

A Happy Wanderer
Good job your friend didn't want the doorway bricked up instead of a new door fitting, othwise this could have been you post skipdive.
861a4a4a5a6b44c63ea32b3ed8f42be9.jpg

Levo-Lon

Guru
The door is an inch and a smidge too short but so is the current door. I think it will be worth screwing a length of timber to the bottom of the replacement door. I think the new owner intends to paint the door so I wouldn't have to worry about mismatched grain etc.

That's the fix, glue and nail with pins.
You can tap the pins down below the surface to allow planing to size.

Get some wedges to help align before any hinge chopping ect

D

Deleted member 26715

The door is an inch and a smidge too short but so is the current door. I think it will be worth screwing a length of timber to the bottom of the replacement door. I think the new owner intends to paint the door so I wouldn't have to worry about mismatched grain etc.
Don't put it on the bottom put it on the top, peoples eyes tend to look down not up, but I'm with @PeteXXX only 2 jobs in the house I won't do, plastering & hanging doors, I'd rather pay somebody & as Yorkshireman you know how devastating that can be.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Good job your friend didn't want the doorway bricked up instead of a new door fitting, othwise this could have been you post skipdive.
View attachment 457133

That's brilliant :laugh:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If it's a solid wood door as you say they are very prone to warping.
I AM wondering what I have let myself in for! :whistle:

My father was a carpenter/joiner but he made a point of NOT passing on any of his skills to me. He said that he didn't want me spending 40 years working on cold, wet, muddy building sites like him. I was bright, so work with my head rather than my hands...

Top Bottom