I hate running...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Usain Bolt?
After, maybe. During this hateful activity, never!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I used to run a lot , although i always felt i was running through the ground rather than over it .I could post maybe sub 40 min 10k and about an hour for 9 miles but i never got as much fun as i do when the bike comes out.

monnet

Guru
I once tried running. I got my trainers on. Did all the pre-run stretches. Set my stop watch (because I was going to get better and improve).

I started the run. After a good while I checked my watch - 1 minute 30. I was astonished I'd been running for so little time. So I ran some more and resolved not to look at my watch. When I finally gave in, only 75 more seconds had elapsed. In the end I stopped, walked round the corner to a cafe, had a coffee and a bit of cake. I told runners this and I got the impression it wasn't the done thing. Never done it again.

Cycling on the other hand...always something to keep the mind occupied. And ALWAYS time for a cake stop at some point. Even races finish with a piece of cake and a brew. Far more civilised.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I started the run. After a good while I checked my watch - 1 minute 30. I was astonished I'd been running for so little time. So I ran some more and resolved not to look at my watch. When I finally gave in, only 75 more seconds had elapsed. In the end I stopped, walked round the corner to a cafe, had a coffee and a bit of cake.

:biggrin:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Try having breasts.

Oooh err!!

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
It sounds like you hate running as much as I hate spinning classes. Tried it once a couple of years ago and hated it, gave it another chance on Wednesday and still hate it, even moreso at 7am before a busy day's work. Boring and pointless and not half as fun as dodging the traffic in Brixton during rush hour.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
:rolleyes: Beyond hope...:rolleyes:
Walking has its compensations:-
830334431_4fe038238e_m.jpg

Top Bottom