I Hate Summer Commuting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lonestar

Veteran
@spen666 Do you cycle the entire length of the CS 2 and in the rush-hour?
If so I sympathise...For a route I'd cycled for 25 years I've been driven off and have to taken to the backstreets.Rarely do I go via Aldgate.
I use the CS 3 coming back which isn't much better.

mustang1

Guru
Doesn't bother me. I just slow down a bit with the increased cycling traffic.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Have to say on my commute, which is into Manchester, is generally trouble free so far as other cyclists are concerned, whether winter or summer. There is however one person I am wary of, having nearly been taken out by him swerving straight across the road during winter, just as I was about to pass him. Never seems to look over his shoulder, whatever manoeuvre he is undertaking and completely ignores red lights. But his reflective jacket and bike are very distinctive.

Lonestar

Veteran
No I don't hate other cyclists but there are some real loons out there (like some car drivers,I guess)...and what has been said before the Cycle Super Highways are the victims of their own success...Too crowded for me at times.I'm sure I won't be missed but I still use them in parts.

Noticed the bike racks at work had about ten bikes in there today.That's unusual.At least my bike had some good company.:smile:

Last edited:
Its not summer yet , still only about 5c in the morning .Until i can wear shorts at 6 am it does not count
It was 12 degrees round here at 6 a.m. this morning. I extended my home commute, I was in full summer kit ( bib shorts and short sleeved jersey).

subaqua

What’s the point
I commute on my road bike, in cleats and clobber, and at this time of year often find myself being passed by younger chaps pedalling furiously in trainers, on creaking bikes with rusty chains, as if to prove some sort of point.

I always hope it really irritates them when I pass them a little further up the road once they’ve run out of puff.
I like being dressed in normal clothes and sailing past with very little effort ,the FKWs who are panting furiously ...
But at end of day it’s all good as it’s more cyclists out there..

subaqua

What’s the point
I was recently overtaken by someone just like this. Construction site clothing, shin length boots and flat pedals. He was flying and from his riding style it was clear he was either an experienced club cyclist and/or part time racer.
Could be me , apart from being a club cyclist or part time racer .

Top Bottom