I have my mind changed about helmets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J4CKO

Sigh, guess I will never be a proper cyclist, I am just not as wierd as you lot and can't compete :biggrin:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Syd Barrett didn't wear a helmet and you can't accuse him of not being normal.

syd_bike05.jpg

Davidc

Guru
Evidence please...
tongue.gif

Simple (published) statistics.

If you eat that lot every day your probability of having a heart attack, stroke, PAD etc in a normal lifetime is about 1. And your life expectancy is reduced.

If you ride a bike every day without a helmet the probability of having a serious injury in a single lifetime, (and you usually only get one unless you're a Buddhist) with or without a helmet, is just above 0. And your life expectancy is increased.

(Hope that's not offensive to Buddhists)

That good enough Ian?

Edit: Not sure how it works out if you eat that lot AND ride a bike every day though

Could try anecdotes instead. Much more flexible!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Simple (published) statistics.

If you eat that lot every day your probability of having a heart attack, stroke, PAD etc in a normal lifetime is about 1. And your life expectancy is reduced.

If you ride a bike every day without a helmet the probability of having a serious injury in a single lifetime, (and you usually only get one unless you're a Buddhist) with or without a helmet, is just above 0. And your life expectancy is increased.

(Hope that's not offensive to Buddhists)

That good enough Ian?

Edit: Not sure how it works out if you eat that lot AND ride a bike every day though.

Don't really care.. I'm going to ignore your evidence anyway
thumbsup.png

Davidc

Guru
Don't really care.. I'm going to ignore your evidence anyway
thumbsup.png

Very wise.

Anecdotes are much more fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom