I have started fighting back !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scaleyback

Veteran
Well at 72 I still love my cycling and for a few years now I have cycled 4 > 5,000 miles a year here in rural North Yorkshire. Most of us become more circumspect with age and I am no different. Tired of playing 'Russian roulette' with cavalier vehicle drivers I have recently equipped myself with a small 'action cam' to record my rides. This has dual functionality in that I can relive some of the beautiful views and scenery I encounter but also when they find me broken and bleeding in a ditch having been assaulted by 2,000 kg
of SUV/People carrier/White van etc someone may think to upload the video and have a great time spending the compensation. :laugh: This idiot scared me today. I was turning right, already had my arm out when he came charging by, wrong side of the double white lines. bas**rd !.
Driving Concern form completed and video uploaded to North Yorkshire's OpSpartan (example) https://northyorkshire.police.uk/news/operation-spartan-skeeby/

My video:
https://photos.smugmug.com/Yi-4K-Action-Camera/i-LGw5MDt/0/905fa6a4/640/Dacia YH14 KAK-640.mp4

P.S As stated later, this is a low res copy here. I (and the Police) have a high res copy clearly showing the car Reg No & make/model of car.

P.P.S Police have now contacted me with a “intention to prosecute” document. :notworthy:

Last edited:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Scary!!

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
C9A2CB66-7354-4A5A-916E-ABC8012166B1.jpeg

That could have been very nasty.
By the way my OCD would like to make a suggestion.... Your Garmin would look better with the screen central and inline with the stem, like mine!:smile:

Take care!

KneesUp

Guru
Glad you're ok. Operation Spartan looks good though - your footage shows numerous reasons why it's bad driving - you, the double lines, the side road, the coach, the dip ... if that chap in your first link lost his licence, it doesn't look good for this guy.

OP
OP
Scaleyback

Scaleyback

Veteran
View attachment 475783

That could have been very nasty.
By the way my OCD would like to make a suggestion.... Your Garmin would look better with the screen central and inline with the stem, like mine!:smile:

Take care!

Thanks, I have always been a nonconformist, a rebel, someone who swims upstream. Hence my Garmin is offset to the left, ergo I become even more interesting.

Idiotic, selfish driving. Well done for reporting and glad you escaped safely.

First part of the number plate is pretty easy to spot, others who are better with the lamps than I can prob make out the full reg.

Do other forces have an equivalent to this OpSpartan malarkey? I've tried to find where to log/upload dangerous driving to Humberside Police but can't find anything. Not that I have my camera yet, so appreciate it's a bit cart before horse for me to be looking.

Cheers.

Top Bottom