I have to keep an eye on my toaster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have had similar experiences; worse, German bread doesn't even fit so you either have to cut it in half and put each half into the toaster or have it half in and half out adding, you will appreciate, a whole new set of variables to the scenarios outlined above.

My solution is to use the grill: five minutes for the first side and 1 min 30 seconds for the reverse does the job, with the added advantage in a small one room apartment that it warms me up nicely with the leftover heat.

German supermarkets do sell a substance called "toast bread". It isn't.

I always had the same problem with my ex
I just couldn;t jam her in the toaster
sorry - not that - that was just a dream

but her Mum was Austrian (probably still is!) and used to often get black bread of 2 different types from a Eastern European food place in Aston
Had to go in the toaster in halves

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I have had similar experiences; worse, German bread doesn't even fit so you either have to cut it in half and put each half into the toaster or have it half in and half out adding, you will appreciate, a whole new set of variables to the scenarios outlined above.
This is why we left the EU.

tyred

Legendary Member
My toaster still works fine after all these years.

R (15).jpeg

OP
OP
Y

yello

(sorry, aside, but toast themed.... it took me until Wet Leg to realise what buttering the muffin meant (edit: even existed). If I saw the movie, I don't remember that bit)

Punkawallah

Über Member
”We watched the Transformers movie last night. My wife said ‘those Decepticons aren’t real, are they?’ ‘Of course not’, I replied. I laughed. My wife laughed. The toaster laughed. I shot the toaster. It was a good day”.

grldtnr

My toaster still works fine after all these years.

View attachment 722179

Mogjt be the best way, but I think the slices ought to cut from good old bakers pukka loaf, preferably cut with a bad hand. i.e doorstep thick, luvverly combo of crisp outer with a moist doughy centre , plenty of butter and jam on top. Or crumpet's.
Coal or wood mk 2 is best !
Ah. Happy days ,an open fire before the smokeless zones came in!

tyred

Legendary Member
I loved coal fire toast when I was a kid but last time I tried all I could taste was coal :sad:

I suspect it's one of those things where nostalgia isn't what it used to be!

At national school, we used to toast our sandwiches on the Superser gas heater that was used to heat the classroom and thought it was great. I'd say it would just taste of gas if I tried that now.

Top Bottom