I have to keep an eye on my toaster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Y

yello

All will be revealed in the next, exciting episode!

I do love episodal stories. My breath is bated.

Gwylan

Veteran
Try removing the fire hazard that is the pile of crumbs and charcoal accumulated in the bottom of the appliance.

Keep an eye on the kettle and the oven too. They also hint at prospective end of life scenarios by tripping breakers.

It's progress, before breakers they just expired without a hint. Soon your domestic management app will text you a message that your toaster will fail in 3 days, 2 hours and 14 minutes, also that it has ordered you a replacement toaster to arrive 3 hours before that. This is part of the setting it established from studying your toaster usage.

Last edited:
Try removing the fire hazard that is the pile of crumbs and charcoal accumulated in the bottom of the appliance.

Keep an eye on the kettle and the oven too. They also hint at prospective end of life scenarios by tripping breakers.

It's progress, before breakers they just expired without a hint. Soon your domestic management app will text you a message that your toaster will fail in 3 days, 2 hours and 14 minutes, also that it has ordered you a replacement toaster to arrive 3 hours before that. This is part of the setting it established from studying your toaster usage.

Why can't all this tech be used just to make the toaster work?

Alex321

Veteran
In another thread I said that all toasters are equal (or at least I've nver found the need to buy an expensive one when a cheap one does the same job). But I'm taking that back. Our toaster is a cheap jobby, and a slice of normal bread (I'm using Hovis white medium for reference) does not even fit in the thing! So you do get perfectly toasted bread, but only 3/4 of the slice. The top bit sticking out remains untoasted.

I cannot believe that a toaster, which has ONE job, does not even fit a full slice in. And it's too narrow to put the bread in landscape mode. I am furious

I've never found a domestic toaster yet which will properly fit a full slice and toast it evenly to the edges.

Admittedly, I haven't tried any of the 2nd mortgage jobs like Dualit, but I have tried a variety of brands at the lower end of the market.

grldtnr

Talkie Toaster would tell you it's unwell, and probably protest very strongly about mechanical impropriety, should you interfere with it's elements.

Talkie Toaster would tell you it's unwell, and probably protest very strongly about mechanical impropriety, should you interfere with it's elements.

#MeTooaster

Gunk

Guru
Our Dualit 2 slice toaster is 20 years old and still going strong. It's got a lever that lifts the bread out for a mid toast inspection, and a pointer type symbol on the mechanical dial. I took it apart the other day as I noticed a chunk of crust lodged in an inaccessible place. Surprisingly simple at first glance, but some clever touches on further inspection. You can still get spares including replacement elements.

Mine is 30 years old I’ve almost replaced everything, I love the fact it’s completely serviceable and the parts are so readily available

grldtnr

I had a video toaster, once. Could never get it to work.

You had a video toaster....?
You couldn't get it to work ?

Not sure what you mean, a video / toaster combined?

Even more absurd than a Talkie Toaster.

White man speak with toasting forked tongue!

( well, at least writes plain fibs!)

Top Bottom