I laced my brooks saddle today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Manonabike

Über Member
I had already laced my Champion B17 with excellent results so today I decided to lace my Team Pro.

My B17 was not feeling as good as it did before it got soaking wet a few times in the last few weeks. I tightened it a little, 1/2 a turn, but it made no difference whatsoever. So, I laced it and the results are excellent. It feels really comfortable again.

Today I laced the Team Pro and, again, I'm very happy with the result.

This is a poor picture but enough to show the laced saddle..... to see the sequence of steps to lace a brooks saddle see Lacing a Brooks Saddle

set-72157623508661792
4388339482_baf9dba5d6.jpg

set-72157623508661792

longers

Legendary Member
Was it easy with that type of punch? Which size bit did you use please? It looks like a tidy job.

I could do with doing that I think. The saddle is very comfy but my thighs rub a bit.
I'm visiting someone who can lend me a punch at the weekend and could probably give me a bootlace as well.

OP
OP
Manonabike

Manonabike

Über Member
It's not difficult if you have the right tools. Make sure you make an even number of holes.

What size? Mmm I guess it's between 4 to 6mm - it doesn't need too big at all.

I wasn't too sure about lacing the first saddle but I felt it was the only way to bring the saddle to its original state.... lacing the team pro was an easy decision :becool:

OP
OP
Manonabike

Manonabike

Über Member
Rhythm Thief said:
That's useful, cheers. I've noticed my old Brooks getting a bit floppy recently. Do you just lace it from one side to the other?

Yes, that is what I did with my Champions B17, however, the positioning of the seatpost on the Team Pro made it difficult to lace it from one side to the other so I just laced it to the rail and it probably works better, too early to say for certain.

jimboalee

P1412_27-02-10.jpg

Just cut it off and be done with it....:biggrin:

OP
OP
Manonabike

Manonabike

Über Member
That is certainly an option but for me the saddle looses part of its character - I've had a swallow brooks saddle in my hands and I did not like the look of it.... little chance of me cutting the flaps off :sad:

OP
OP
Manonabike

Manonabike

Über Member
I did 50 miles on the laced saddle on Saturday. First time in a very long time that I didn't use assos chamois cream and it was fine, not sore butt at all. So, I guess I will save a tenner a month in chamois cream :ohmy:

longers

Legendary Member
Thanks for the reminder last week Manonabike, I was able to borrow a punch and laced it today.

It felt good on the way home with less rubbing, I might need to drop it a couple of mm though.

OP
OP
Manonabike

Manonabike

Über Member
longers said:
Thanks for the reminder last week Manonabike, I was able to borrow a punch and laced it today.

It felt good on the way home with less rubbing, I might need to drop it a couple of mm though.

Excellent.

You mean you over tightened it?

Top Bottom