I love Youtube

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've just had a conversation on youtube with a chappy bus driver. I really enjoyed it (look at the latest comments on

from oroboras)

It's an old video of mine that started the ball rolling with First Glasgow taking part in the Give Cyclists Room campaign.

All credit to the guy he conceded defeat, although I am a little confused as to how 'most of my points still stand though' :evil:

I love it when logic wins!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Maz

Guru
I'll take a look when I'm at home, magnatom...never a dull moment with your vids!
Any idea if padbeat (Justin) of 'Give Cyclists Room' has joined CycleChat?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Maz,

No idea about Padbeat. He may still be under the waves.

EMD,

:biggrin:. I was really chuffed when he put up his little calculation. As a physicist I had already done this and passed my calculations on to the company. I can only assume, that he is not a physicist as well as he didn't try and dispute my figures :evil:.

Oh and it proves the point that other road users are useless at working out a cyclists speed!

spindrift

His maths is crazy, now he's claiming filming rides is stupidly dangerous for cyclists.

I just love the fact that more and more drivers realise their gibbering stupidity may be caught on camera by those pesky insignificant cyclists.

nethalus

magnatom said:
I've just had a conversation on youtube with a chappy bus driver. I really enjoyed it (look at the latest comments on

from oroboras)

It's an old video of mine that started the ball rolling with First Glasgow taking part in the Give Cyclists Room campaign.

All credit to the guy he conceded defeat, although I am a little confused as to how 'most of my points still stand though' :evil:

I love it when logic wins!! :biggrin::biggrin:

That's not fair, you didn't say you were going to report him to his employer for comenting on your video, or ask everyone on here whether you should report him!!!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

nethalus said:
That's not fair, you didn't say you were going to report him to his employer for comenting on your video, or ask everyone on here whether you should report him!!!

He no longer works for First!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

RANDOM said:
First would agree with any punter,they never agree with the driver

If that is the case then that is a real shame for those employed by First. It should always be innocent until proven guilty and if that isn't the case then you have my sympathies!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

I've just had one chap suggest that the bus couldn't have been going above 30mph over the bridge because the buses would become airbourne! :evil::biggrin:

Actually he seems a reasonable chap and at least he is trying to debate. Totally wrong of course but at least he hasn't used any serious insults:rolleyes:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
nethalus said:
I might have missed it in the comments, but I thought the person reported was the driver shown in the video (for the dangerous overtake). I can't remember seeing anyone saying anything about a comment(er) being reported.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

John the Monkey said:
I might have missed it in the comments, but I thought the person reported was the driver shown in the video (for the dangerous overtake). I can't remember seeing anyone saying anything about a comment(er) being reported.

John,

Nethalus is referencing a thread that I posted a good while ago about her comments on my videos. She suggested that cyclists should all be banned. I noticed that she filmed herself at work and worked for First Buses. I wondered for a while about reporting her attitude to her employers, but I made the correct decision not to.

Nethalus is just trying the wind up, you naught girl:evil:

nethalus

magnatom said:
John,

Nethalus is referencing a thread that I posted a good while ago about her comments on my videos. She suggested that cyclists should all be banned. I noticed that she filmed herself at work and worked for First Buses. I wondered for a while about reporting her attitude to her employers, but I made the correct decision not to.

Nethalus is just trying the wind up, you naught girl:evil:

Oroboras is still a bus driver though. I know who he works for, not that I'm saying like!! You tend to find that there is a strong solidarity among many bus drivers, which is why a lot of them tend to leap to the defence when they see other bus drivers being put down, reported, harrased etc.....

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I don't think you could say that either Magnatom or myself harassed a bus driver though. Both videos show terrible behaviour that reflects very badly on bus drivers, and I believe we're quite justified in showing just how bad it was as well as reporting them. Of course that sort of driving is a tiny proportion, most bus drivers are very tolerant and and good drivers in my experience.

I would expect bus drivers to condemn that sort of driving, just as I would condemn similarly irresponsible cycling or car driving. I think there need to be more consequences for any road users who behave in this fashion.

Top Bottom