I`m done.....

hoopdriver

Veteran
I totally understand your frustration as well. I am a photographer as well as a cyclist and over the past few months I have been working on creating a gallery of cycling images - and the combination of wet weather and bad light has just been relentless. It is so, so rare to have a clear morning. Never seen anything like it. It is hugely frustrating and after a while you start talking it personally, as though the Fates are doing this deliberately to spite you, make you their plaything. Just give it a rest. Take a breather. This cycle of lousy weather is bound to break. Spring will come.

SpokeyDokey

Into my 64th
I`ve been on here moaning about the relentless rain back in December. Now 2 months on it`s still f*cking raining, that`s pretty much non stop since September last year. As of 1 Jan, I tried to take on the "I`m not giving into it" attitude, but after nearly 7 weeks of get up - get soaked - do day at work - get soaked - wash and dry kit - go to bed - get soaked - do day at work yada yada yada. I`m burnt out with it, my bike is a mess, I`ve wasted about half a ton of washing powder, and my morale is in the sewer.

Well today I gave in, I`m done, totally pissed off with it all. After 20 years of it I`ve had enough, I`m hanging up my cycling shoes and giving up. Please don`t give me the cobblers about there being no such thing as bad weather, only bad kit, rule no 5 etc. I`ve been through thick and thin with it, but yet the weather over the last 6 months has finished me. I`m out of here:sad::sad:

Watch the ads guys, there will be plenty going up for sale
Been the same here since November - pretty much relentless.

Only done 100 miles in 3 months which is a waste of time tbh.
Don't give up though - it'll soon be Spring. :bicycle:

I`ve been on here moaning about the relentless rain back in December. Now 2 months on it`s still f*cking raining, that`s pretty much non stop since September last year. As of 1 Jan, I tried to take on the "I`m not giving into it" attitude, but after nearly 7 weeks of get up - get soaked - do day at work - get soaked - wash and dry kit - go to bed - get soaked - do day at work yada yada yada. I`m burnt out with it, my bike is a mess, I`ve wasted about half a ton of washing powder, and my morale is in the sewer.

Well today I gave in, I`m done, totally pissed off with it all. After 20 years of it I`ve had enough, I`m hanging up my cycling shoes and giving up. Please don`t give me the cobblers about there being no such thing as bad weather, only bad kit, rule no 5 etc. I`ve been through thick and thin with it, but yet the weather over the last 6 months has finished me. I`m out of here:sad::sad:

Watch the ads guys, there will be plenty going up for sale
.......and the day after you give up its flippin georgeous:

screenman

Legendary Member
No point in doing something you do not like doing if you do not need to, life is too short.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
We are talking about Tavistock, and it IS one of the wettest places around....
:sad:
Didn’t know you were in Tavy, we were down for a few days at the campsite just before Christmas. Yes, it rained a lot just ad we left for Dawlish where we were drowned! But a good couple of days were had exploring the moors :-). Am used to SW weather, born and raised in Exeter...
Could happily move to Tavistock!

Top Bottom