I`m done.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hoopdriver

Guru
I totally understand your frustration as well. I am a photographer as well as a cyclist and over the past few months I have been working on creating a gallery of cycling images - and the combination of wet weather and bad light has just been relentless. It is so, so rare to have a clear morning. Never seen anything like it. It is hugely frustrating and after a while you start talking it personally, as though the Fates are doing this deliberately to spite you, make you their plaything. Just give it a rest. Take a breather. This cycle of lousy weather is bound to break. Spring will come.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I`ve been on here moaning about the relentless rain back in December. Now 2 months on it`s still f*cking raining, that`s pretty much non stop since September last year. As of 1 Jan, I tried to take on the "I`m not giving into it" attitude, but after nearly 7 weeks of get up - get soaked - do day at work - get soaked - wash and dry kit - go to bed - get soaked - do day at work yada yada yada. I`m burnt out with it, my bike is a mess, I`ve wasted about half a ton of washing powder, and my morale is in the sewer.

Well today I gave in, I`m done, totally pissed off with it all. After 20 years of it I`ve had enough, I`m hanging up my cycling shoes and giving up. Please don`t give me the cobblers about there being no such thing as bad weather, only bad kit, rule no 5 etc. I`ve been through thick and thin with it, but yet the weather over the last 6 months has finished me. I`m out of here:sad::sad:

Watch the ads guys, there will be plenty going up for sale

Been the same here since November - pretty much relentless.

Only done 100 miles in 3 months which is a waste of time tbh.
Don't give up though - it'll soon be Spring. :bicycle:

sleuthey

Legendary Member
I`ve been on here moaning about the relentless rain back in December. Now 2 months on it`s still f*cking raining, that`s pretty much non stop since September last year. As of 1 Jan, I tried to take on the "I`m not giving into it" attitude, but after nearly 7 weeks of get up - get soaked - do day at work - get soaked - wash and dry kit - go to bed - get soaked - do day at work yada yada yada. I`m burnt out with it, my bike is a mess, I`ve wasted about half a ton of washing powder, and my morale is in the sewer.

Well today I gave in, I`m done, totally pissed off with it all. After 20 years of it I`ve had enough, I`m hanging up my cycling shoes and giving up. Please don`t give me the cobblers about there being no such thing as bad weather, only bad kit, rule no 5 etc. I`ve been through thick and thin with it, but yet the weather over the last 6 months has finished me. I`m out of here:sad::sad:

Watch the ads guys, there will be plenty going up for sale
.......and the day after you give up its flippin georgeous:

Drago

Legendary Member
We live in the UK, famed across the world for its sheety weather. If we let the elements dictate our pastimes none of us would ever be active...ever.

screenman

Legendary Member
No point in doing something you do not like doing if you do not need to, life is too short.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
We are talking about Tavistock, and it IS one of the wettest places around....
:sad:
Didn’t know you were in Tavy, we were down for a few days at the campsite just before Christmas. Yes, it rained a lot just ad we left for Dawlish where we were drowned! But a good couple of days were had exploring the moors :-). Am used to SW weather, born and raised in Exeter...
Could happily move to Tavistock!

Top Bottom