I`m done.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I`ve been on here moaning about the relentless rain back in December. Now 2 months on it`s still f*cking raining, that`s pretty much non stop since September last year. As of 1 Jan, I tried to take on the "I`m not giving into it" attitude, but after nearly 7 weeks of get up - get soaked - do day at work - get soaked - wash and dry kit - go to bed - get soaked - do day at work yada yada yada. I`m burnt out with it, my bike is a mess, I`ve wasted about half a ton of washing powder, and my morale is in the sewer.

Well today I gave in, I`m done, totally pissed off with it all. After 20 years of it I`ve had enough, I`m hanging up my cycling shoes and giving up. Please don`t give me the cobblers about there being no such thing as bad weather, only bad kit, rule no 5 etc. I`ve been through thick and thin with it, but yet the weather over the last 6 months has finished me. I`m out of here:sad::sad:

Watch the ads guys, there will be plenty going up for sale

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Lightweight..... :rolleyes:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I`ve been on here moaning about the relentless rain back in December. Now 2 months on it`s still f*cking raining, that`s pretty much non stop since September last year. As of 1 Jan, I tried to take on the "I`m not giving into it" attitude, but after nearly 7 weeks of get up - get soaked - do day at work - get soaked - wash and dry kit - go to bed - get soaked - do day at work yada yada yada. I`m burnt out with it, my bike is a mess, I`ve wasted about half a ton of washing powder, and my morale is in the sewer.

Well today I gave in, I`m done, totally pissed off with it all. After 20 years of it I`ve had enough, I`m hanging up my cycling shoes and giving up. Please don`t give me the cobblers about there being no such thing as bad weather, only bad kit, rule no 5 etc. I`ve been through thick and thin with it, but yet the weather over the last 6 months has finished me. I`m out of here:sad::sad:

Rather than being so rash, wait it out for better weather, I must admit this year it seems that I have got soaked more than previous years on my commute.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Have a break from the cycle commute. Take the bus, take the train, sit in your car in a traffic jam - whatever it takes to make you appreciate the ease of bike travel.

davidphilips

Veteran
Must say i agree with you i am fed up of getting soaked and freezing cold then theres all the cleaning of both bike and kit. So i am taking a break until the weather improves and tbh looking forward to cycling again. will be keeping a look on gumtree etc never know may pick up a great deal?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

:okay:

Slioch

Guru
Totally get where you're coming from. But as said upthread, better weather is on the way. Don't flog all your kit in a knee-jerk reaction. Sit on it for a couple of months, take a few deep breaths, then see where your head is at. If you still feel the same, then fair enough.

Just out of interest, what sort of kit have you got that you may be flogging cheap? Just asking for a friend like. :smile:

We are talking about Tavistock, and it IS one of the wettest places around....
:sad:

Top Bottom