I need a job, EMPLOY ME

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
I signed on before Christmas after completing my course. I was told that because I hadn't worked for 3 years and not paid NI or Income tax I was not entitled to benefits at all. I did work before becoming a student but that doesn't count anymore. So benefits are not going to be an option to most people anymore.
You may have been entitled to Income-based as opposed to Contribution-based JSA depending on your exact circumstances e.g. savings.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Coastline taxis may have an opening...

The harbour gates?

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
My course is full time but is 9-11 Mondays and 9-8 Tuesdays. Which works out to be 13 hours a week. I hadnt really considered going on the dole but I currently get a Student loan and grant, would that change?

vernon

My course is full time but is 9-11 Mondays and 9-8 Tuesdays. Which works out to be 13 hours a week. I hadnt really considered going on the dole but I currently get a Student loan and grant, would that change?

I don't think that you will be eligible for any benefits if you are in receipt of a grant and student loan.

What course are you doing with so few hours?

vernon

If you are receiving a grant and a loan and are living at home, why do you need a job?

Are you bored?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Only 11-13 hours a week - blimey! I did about 4 full days and one half day a week of lectures, labs and tutorials and often stayed behind to use the library and computers in the evenings (pre- t'interweb).

vernon

Only 11-13 hours a week - blimey! I did about 4 full days and one half day a week of lectures, labs and tutorials and often stayed behind to use the library and computers in the evenings (pre- t'interweb).

Yep, when I did my engineering degree I seemed to live in the university or The Pack Horse opposite the engineering block when I was feeling cocky. Only Wednesday afternoon was free and more often than not I'd spend it in the Mech. Eng drawing office refining my draftsmanship or in the stack collection of the Edward Boyle library listening to classical music and reading railway related articles in the Mech eng. journals. The computers that I had at my disposal were accessed via teletype terminals and the programs were saved to punched tape. I managed to hog most of the processing power of my department's mainframe when I created a mathematical model to model heat flow in fluidised bed combustion boiler and caused the system to come to s stuttering halt.

Happy days.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Contact time is pitifully low on all courses at the moment. It's driven by funding cuts from the gov. A lot of us who run the courses try to sneak in more hours, but finance departments are all over it as its not efficient enough, and it loads room resources.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Contact time is pitifully low on all courses at the moment. It's driven by funding cuts from the gov. A lot of us who run the courses try to sneak in more hours, but finance departments are all over it as its not efficient enough, and it loads room resources.
When I was teaching I had to fit in a design class (all year), a history class (half year), a drawing class (half year), and one and a half days in the workshop (all year) in a 12 hour week of contact time with my students for their HND.

Top Bottom