I never knew it was that obviou.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
But what have the Roman's ever done for us?

Invented the short skirts for men to show off their calves and quads.

05_115197358.jpg

Profpointy

Legendary Member
s'funny, but I am always being offered spare change. I didn't realise it was that obvious.....

That actually happened to a mate of mine. He was unshaven ans wearing an old scruffyy overcoat and a little girl gave him some change. Apparently he got a bit flustered so politely accepted it. He was there giving a lecture at an academic conference

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I thought it was past perfect and past imperfect?
Perfect being "I sat", imperfect being "I was sitting"

What I need is an expert @theclaud ?
There are much bigger Grammar Nazis on here. Imperfect/continuous/progressive are just different words for the same thing, are they not? Which is really about aspect rather than tense as such. And I make GC right, although I've always called that tense just 'past' or 'simple past'.

That actually happened to a mate of mine. He was unshaven ans wearing an old scruffyy overcoat and a little girl gave him some change. Apparently he got a bit flustered so politely accepted it. He was there giving a lecture at an academic conference
A friend of mine experienced the dark side of this. He is very regal of bearing, almost supercilious, a leading academic with a shaved head. He stumbled awkwardly in the street and - as it turned out - broke his leg. He called out for help from a passing man who said "I don't give money to beggars".

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
"cutting edge craft beer"

or it's merely a drink
Every year, at about this time, they produce a completely mental stout. This year’s effort is called F Dog. 17.5% A.B.V. and actually palletable, which is a pretty neat trick. I have no recollection of making it back to the hotel last night.

Top Bottom